Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Super-Stupid 16


I'm sure you have seen "My Super Sweet Sixteen" on MTV. It's a serious travesty. Here's the plotline in case you've never seen one:

An unbelievably spoiled child, about to turn 16, throws what they each deem "the party of a lifetime." They enlist a dress/shoe maker to do a custom dress/shoe, which they will inevitably hate and cry about. They will pick an over-the-top venue where security is lax, and lots of crashers get in. They cook up a lame way to invite people, while making sure they hurt the feelings of all the "losers" not invited. In some special cases, they make the people "work" for the invites before inevitably telling them no.

Then they scheme up a "grand" entrance, where they A. Pop out of a box B. Roll up in a custom car C. Get carried in by scantily dressed members of the opposite sex or D. Arrive via helicopter. Next, they decide who will be part of the VIP club, taking special care to trash those not in said club.

They will cry, whine, make demands, and throw tantrums. Their parents will pick a special musical guest to play. This will be A. Ryan Cabrerra B. Pit Bull C. Ciara D. Some losers, and they will hate their parents forever. During the party, they will anger their VIP club members, break up with their boy/girlfriend, fight with their parents, and then be rewarded with a 100k Range Rover. What the hell???

My "Sweet Sixteen" involved my 5 best friends and a funfetti cake made by my mom. We ran around the house like maniacs, took dumb pictures, and we may have even snuck out and gotten into some silly shenanigans...and that's about it. If I had asked for a car, my parents would have kindly pointed to my bike and told me to hop on and start pedaling.


The Birthday Girl:

My Funfetti cake:

My tape player...yes, I'm that old:


My crazy BFF's:


Kissie's on the stairwell:


2 comments:

Alie said...

I LOVE THOSE PICTURES!!!!

stacycaye said...

Your hair rocks! Man I need to scan some oldies but goodies on to my computer!