Saturday, July 26, 2008

Veggin' Out

I love meat. A lot. I like fish, I like chicken, I like beef, and I kinda like pork...depends on the offering. Ham and bacon, yes; pork chops, meh. However, for a variety of reasons, I am going to go a little veggie...not full vegetarian, not even half or a quarter vegetarian..I just want to cut out some animal products, and incorporate more veggie dishes into my diet. I want to be healthier, and a little kinder to the Earth.

A lot of my gluten-free goodies are already vegetarian or vegan, so I feel like I have a good start. I am especially interested in trying more diverse dishes at home--Indian, Thai, etc. Lentils are delicious, cheap, and easy to whip up in the crockpot. I will let you know how my veggie adventures go!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

yummy! you can invite me over to test any of your new dishes...except for the "non-spicy" kababs. Liar :)

Hayley said...

ok liar sounds pretty harsh. i was joking.

Kristina said...

pass along any good recipes... as a vegetarian, I am always looking for new dishes to try out besides ones made from the cocoa bean :)

stacycaye said...

look at you go! I wish I liked to cook so I could make yummy dishes. I need to force myself so it becomes more second nature. Grilled cheese is my only specialty:) Of course, Josh wouldn't eat anything I made anyway, he's a meat and potato kind of guy.

Alie said...

I LOVE FOOD OF ANY KIND!