Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And I Feel, So Much Depends on the Weather

Cruising home this evening, I heard that Stone Temple Pilots would be playing a show in Berkeley on Friday. General Admission tix are up for grabs on Craigslist, and I am seriously tempted to go. I could have sworn they were playing more vintage STP on the radio lately--this is probably why. Core was one of my favorite grungey albums of the 90's, along with Ten, Nevermind, Siamese Dream, Pretty Hate Machine and Dirt.

I'm bumping AIC's Would right now, and am reminded how much I miss grunge. The music, the bad attitude, the chunky Docs, the tortured soul bit, the bad and greasy boys...not so much on the baggy jeans, flannel shirts, babydoll clothing, coffee boom, Courtney Love, and the bad and greasy boys. See, the bad and greasy boys were a mixed bag, especially the dark and brooding bad boy I always think of when I hear STP's Plush.

If I go, I'll let you know how the oh-so-post-grunge STP looks and sounds.

4 comments:

stacycaye said...

Is this a CFHS alum bad boy of whom you think? I can't pinpoint it if it is...and now the curiousity is killing me.

stacycaye said...

Although, just as a left this, one jumped into my mind. Can't remember if you crushed on him or not...T.P. ?

The Mostess said...

NO!!! I *never* liked TP...too tall. ;)

The Mostess said...

BTW...you are a bad remember-er. I could still name all of your numerous and diverse crushes and loves...I can't believe you thought it was TP. That was all Tara! ;)