Monday, July 7, 2008

So-Cal Baby--Day Two!


Next stop was Solvang, a little Danish town. You can pretty much sell *anything* here as long as you describe it as "Olde" or "Danish," whether or not it really is. Methinks the fudge recipe is neither olde nor Danish, but I'm not one to split hairs. Fudge is fudge is fudge.

You can't stay in Solvang without eating aeblskivers from Arnie's Famous Aeblskivers. I can, of course, because I'm allergic to wheat. But the rest of you must have at the jam and puffed pancake concoction (lucky!!):


Licking my lips and rubbing my tummy in anticipation of Lancer's tasty delight:


After a day of Danish living, we headed back to the Hadsten House for a nice, long nap before dinner. Our dinner was incredible. Lance had the halibut, and I had the salmon atop a risotto cake, drowned in butter.


After dinner, we chilled in the room, and then decided to pop on down to the indoor pool and spa.


The town fireworks were cancelled, because, well, all of California happens to be on fire, and they don't want to purposely add to the troubles.

We were okay with this policy:

Because we were hanging out here all night instead!

No comments: