Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Halloween in July


I have a quirky, weird, slightly dark streak in me. I like black comedies (Heathers) and dark TV shows (Dexter). I always have, always will. I like being spooked, unless it's 3 am, Lance is gone, and I am watching a freaky TV show by myself.

So, it should come as no surprise that I love Halloween--it's my favorite holiday. I like the fun and creepy decorations. Free candy doesn't suck, either. My favorite thing, however, is my Spooky Village. I started collecting ages ago, when I was still in college. It grows every year, and part of the Party Shed is dedicated solely to Spooky Village. It takes hours to set up, and hours to take down--usually 10 hours or more total.

But I love it...the freaky little houses, the costumed figurines, the grim and macabre village the poor souls all live in.

Once July hits, I start ducking into Michaels to see if SV has hit the shelves. It has hit, and I am now a weekly stalker.

Here are a few pics of my village from last year:





2 comments:

stacycaye said...

Holy crap! I think scary is the only word to adequately describe this, and NOT in the way that you would use scary to describe this!!!!

The Mostess said...

I know, I know...I just love creepy miniature things...what can I say. :)