Monday, July 7, 2008

What I Love Most About Road-Tripping With Lance


I found out the oddest things about Lancer when I spent 4 days straight with him. We've been together 6 1/2 years, married for 5 of those, so you would think I know all there is to know, right? Wrong!

Here are a few tidbits I found out about the man I know and love:

1. He likes the *grape* flavored Gatorade. This was my last flavor pick for him.

2. He has a Safeway Club Card. In his wallet. He knew it was there. He used it. He knew *how* to use it. Hmm.

3. He will, under the right circumstances, eat a caramel apple. Nay, two caramel apples in two days!! No nuts, though.


4. He still thinks 'Relax' by Frankie Goes to Holloywood is worthy of being turned up.

5. He has hand and foot fins for when he is in the water.

This was just a smattering...I'm sure there's more. I forgot how much fun it is to just sit and talk for hours on end about the dumbest things: My most embarrassing high-school moment (green junk on tooth pointed out by boy I totally loved..ugh), his great arm-wrestling feat of 8th grade (he's freakishly strong), whether or not there are hidden swear words in EMF's 'Unbelievable' (um, totally, that's why I bought it), his BMX glory-days (he was also freakishly fast), eating Boston Baked Beans (because we can...mmm), why we should buy and travel in an 80's van with a backseat bed (obvious reasons), creating a list of the fun things we want to see and do in the next year (Yosemite, Grand Canyon, white-water rafting, kayaking, concerts to name a few) and the fact that the crap-tastic song in Music and Lyrics seemed to be based on a Wham or Duran Duran song, but was probably based on ABC's 'Poison Arrow.'

That junk is priceless.

No comments: