Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Trilobite Anyone?


This may seem like a rude post, but I assure you it's not. My dad and his wife were recently in Mexico on a cruise, and someone cased the joint and decided to break in and rob them. Once inside, however, this is what they found:

An old and yawny collection of church books. Thousands and thousands of them:


A crazy-large collection of hot sauces:


Copious amounts of beans and lentils:


An extensive collection of rocks and fossils:


An old computer. Maybe even one of the first ones ever made.

And last, but certainly not least, a full-size model of King Solomon's Temple, complete with winged centaurs. My dad made these himself using the face of a Marky-Mark 'Planet of the Apes' doll. Please don't make me explain this any further, or I will have to lie and pretend I was adopted:


I can only imagine how pissed the guy was. He shuffled through a few things, and then bailed.

When you break into my dad's house, the joke is on you. Let that be a lesson to you, crazy cat burglar!

7 comments:

teuscher travels said...

So glad you shared! Although I do want pictures of the model now. It at least sounds like an interesting place to visit but not a location to improve your bank account should you be a robber.

Angela said...

I am just getting caught up on the Mostess today- This is terrible, who the heck would do this. I think this is pretty funny- We wish someone would break in here so we could get some new electronics and flat screens.

brooke said...

This made me laugh soooo hard.

Ashley said...

Yeah, this is hilarious. I love that he has a Tabasco sauce collection. And your dad must be so insulted that the model temple remained untouched! Think of the stories that burglar is telling now . . .

Kristine Gray said...

This is pretty funny. I would of taken the trilobites. Those are cool.

Jeri said...

Laughed s hard I cried!!! I remember your dad's temple from seminary...glad he finally finished it. So sad I never saw the Marky-Mark Centaur though. Bummer!

The Mostess said...

Yeah, Marky was a later addition. He dragged my sis along to Toys R Us to buy them. He described what he wanted them for, and the guy helping him ran away. I don't blame him.