Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dude Looks Like A Lady


I headed up to SF today to go bridesmaid dress shopping, but ended up lunching with the girlies, and then getting a Vietnamese pedi. Rough life, I know. It was only $20, and it looks great. I also tried to goad Spring into appearing early by painting my tootsies a cute coral color--we'll see if my little plan to mess with Mother Nature works.

In any case, it got me thinking about how the Vietnamese salons always try to ruin my self-esteem with their waxing add-ons. Without fail, they always draw a phantom mustache across my hairless lip with their finger and ask if I "want to wax off my mustache" for a few bucks extra. Um, I'm fairly certain I don't have a fat 'stache, and that if I did, the Hubie would have pointed it out. After all, he went on a date with a girl once, and then briskly bailed when he detected a soul patch. He still shivers when he thinks about it/recounts the story.

What's up with the fake facial hair offfers? I know it's a money making scheme, but I always end up running to my car to see if I have sprouted a moustache, beard, soul patch or goatee I haven't been noticing. I wish I worked in an industry where I could make extra money by making snarky comments....here, buy these pants. They will help with your heinous thighs!! Get this electric toothbrush--it should take care of your rank halitosis!!

Any other bearded ladies out there with this same problem??

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hilarious. I haven't gotten the 'stashe comments, but I always get lines like "you not been here for awhile" or "you usually do at home" while they are staring disdainfully at my feet. But they can say whatever they want when they are rubbing and polishing my feet!

Amber said...

OMG - this happens to me EVERY time I get my eyebrows done! Just the day after Christmas I asked Sam, "um, do I have a ton of upper lip hair or something?"

Turns out, I don't - and it's NOT because I paid them a "few bucks extra" to wax it off when they offered!

brooke said...

I am dying laughing. I don't get the 'stashe comments either but my podiatrist has encouraged, nay, begged me to get a pedicure regularly. Now I do. I told my husband it's doctor's orders.