Saturday, January 10, 2009

Roll Over


Waiting in line at ZAO tonight with the girlies, I saw an adorable brown labbie tied up outside. He looked like a refined gent of a dog, so I tested him to see if he knew the same tricks as Dobbie.

I told him to shake, and he offered up his paw.

I told him to sit, and he sat like a fine little boy.

I told him to lay down, and did it.

I told him to roll over, and he rolled over.

I told him to sit again, and then told him to jump up. He obliged by planting his front paws on me.

When his parents came out, I praised them for their strict training, and relayed the series of tricks he had mastered. But they looked at me weird, and told me no one had ever taught him to roll over.

Weird. Clearly, I'm the Dog Whisperer, but the chick version with supple Pantene Hair.

3 comments:

brooke said...

I thought you were going to say you offered to take the dog and the owners (seeing what an amazing gift you had) sent him home with you. It may even be more impressive that you are a dog whisperer. I would seriously be too afraid to even look at a dog I didn't know. Nice work.

teuscher travels said...

I witnessed it, Kaari is amazing with dogs! The puppy couldnt keep his eyes of her!

Hayley said...

You are the Dog W for sure. The way he gazed deep into your eyes was as if you 2 had a premortal connection.

Nicely done.