Friday, January 2, 2009

Farewell 2008...

We were having so much Holli-time fun that we extended our stay by a few days, and decided to ring in 2009 in SLC instead of SFO. We heard 'First Night' in downtown SLC was pretty fun, and decided to check it out. Not to toot my own horn, but I feel like I'm a good judge of fun, and that was not fun. We knew it was bad when we all ran to catch the train, scared that we would be stuck for another loooong hour.

Ruuuuuunnn!!


We did have some hilarious moments, however. Such as the following:

On the way to SLC, the passengers kinda demanded the train go all the way into town instead of petering out 3 stops away...much to our disbelief, they actually obliged us. I hugged the train guy to thank him for his unselfish act.


It was FA-REEZING. Here is my FIL, Dave, keeping warm and scaring kids. Heh.


After suffering 3rd degree burns from suspiciously hot hand warmers, we hopped back on the train @ 11:30 PM, prepared for a fairly mellow clock strike. Little did we know, the world's Awesomest Train Lady was in our car, and she let us do all sorts of illegal/frowned upon things on the train.

She busted out cans of silly string, and when the midnight hour cracked on the clock, the entire car went crazy.

After we defiled the train, Awesome Train Lady came around, and broke out some cider. She passed out cups for us, but chugged the faux-bubbly straight-out-the-bottle herself.

After we got off the train, we did one more toast, bidding 2008 adieu, and welcoming 2009.


As you can see, we're enthusiastic about the new year.


Not sure what's up with my goals. I'm working on them, but sort of begrudgingly. I suppose I should curb gossip, but gossiping about celebs doesn't count, right? Cause I need Perez in the morning like most people need coffee.

5 comments:

Hayley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hayley said...

homegirl...boo to you if you curb gossip. if you curb gossip, where will i get all my goods from???

think of a goal that doesn't affect me, please.

ps- your nye looked super fabulous!

brooke said...

Ashley and I like to gossip about other bloggers that neither or us knows in real life. That doesn't count right? Your trip to UT looked fun. I can't believe the train conductor was that crazy!

Lindsey said...

congrats on awesome train lady. it looks like she made your night.

so glad you got your onion goggles btw.

Angela said...

Love the holiday pics- I didn't know that Utah had trains- man I am out of it!