Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Under The Bridge


This is precious.


Moi: So, what music are you listening to these days?


My 13 year-old buddy-o: I'm mostly into classic rock.


Moi: Nice! Like who?


My 13 year-old buddy-o: Red Hot Chili Peppers


Moi: Pshaaw!! They're *so* not classic rock. What album?


My 13 year-old buddy-0: Californication.


Moi: No, no, no... Mother's Milk. And immediately download BSSM. And lie when your parents ask how you found out about it.


My 13 year-old buddy-o: Sweet.


What can I say--I do what I can, where I can.

2 comments:

louisgray said...

How did a band like RHCP go from being indy and edgy to boring mainstream so fast? I loved Blood Sugar Sex Magik... but the last three or so albums are ridiculous.

Give It Away... Breaking the Girl... Suck My Kiss. Now those were songs.

Now when I hear RHCP on the radio, I switch. What's the worst is when they are playing on 104.9 and 105.3 at the same time. CD goes in. Radio goes off.

The Mostess said...

Worse...they ended up as classic rock to tweens. Ugh! I was trying to explain what classic rock was, and how that was, like, the Eagles when I was in high school. Then, sadly, I realized that anything over 20 years old gets stuck in the classic rock category. By this definition..RHCP are classic rock. SOB!

Suck My Kiss. I LOVE that freaking song.