Thursday, April 3, 2008

Kaari + Donnie= True Love 4 Eva!!!

NKOTB...otherwise known as hot, hot, HOTTEST, hot and hot



I worked every day after school babysitting from 7th grade on, and worked from 8-5 every day during the summers. I pulled in some serious green for being thirteen. Yet, I never had anything to show for it. Why? Because I spent all of my money on NKOTB stuff. Posters, sheets, t-shirts, tapes (and then cd's..I'm old, okay??), concerts, buttons, Tiger Beat...you name it. I was a super-fan. I remember believing that if Donnie Wahlberg could just meet me, we would fall in love...forever. In reality, I'm sure he would have run from my stonewashed pants and crying fanaticism.


In any case, my love for all things Donnie/NKOTB has scarcely waned over the years. So, as news of their reunion hit the waves, I have been having a hard time reigning in my school-girl giddiness. Let me just say: I will be first in line for tickets, and I will do anything, ANYTHING, for front row seats.


All of this talk has seriously annoyed Lancer, who declared that he ignored my Donnie/NKOTB obsession all these years because "I was too little to know how much they sucked" when they first came out. Now that I'm older, and still vehemently defending their music and general hotness, he is perplexed. Too bad he learned a little too late that when he married me, he married NKOTB. It's like being married to the mob, but with synchronized dance moves and awesome lyrics directing him to Hang Tough.


So...who's in for a little NKOTB concert with me??

2 comments:

teuscher travels said...

I never got to go as a teen(ok 5th grader that wasnt allowed)! I will go! All of my dance classes used them and I loved it! I even remember some of my dance moves to Step By Step (oooh Baby) so you better make room:)

Em said...

This is boy band blogging gold.