Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Proper Shed for a Proper Party Girl

I fell in love with the quaint little homes all over Europe, especially France and Switzerland. The cute little shutters, the adorable little window boxes with charming red flowers. I can't get enough of them. I decided to turn the party shed into my own little piece of Europe. I talked Lance into letting me paint it (mostly in hopes that he would love the color and let us change the paint on our house from golden mushroom soup brown to gray...) and I spent an entire day working on it. It's mostly done. The best part, though, is that I get to brag that I did it all by myself. I feel like a recently-potty-trained 3 year old when I say that...but it's true.

Before: A party shed only fit for a so-so hostess...



After: A party shed fit for the Hostess with the Mostess...with a little Euro flair:




I also learned a valuable lesson for cleaning up spilled paint. It goes a little something like this:


Observe Spilled Paint--oops--told you Lance was the more careful/detailed one:


Take foot and stir up rocks to disguise spill without really cleaning it up:




Pretend it never happened and feign innocence when Lance eyes ground suspiciously:


Done!

No comments: