Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Writing a Song in Rehab=Relapse


I love, love the show Intervention. Not enough to take up a crack habit just so I can get on..but the love is certainly there. I was chatting with my sis last night, and I was telling her how I have noticed the following: anytime a person writes a song in rehab, they end up relapsing. I think I'm on to something. It usually goes a little something like this:
Crack Addict John 30 days in recovery: "Rehab has given me a new lease on life. I feel like I can do anything. I wrote a special song about it"
"I was running out of time, and God saved me
and now I have a new lease on my life
Now I'm filled with light and love
instead of pain and strife"
The result, weirdly, is usually the following:
Follow-up on Crack Addict John/Singer after 90 days: "John successfully completed 105 days of treatment. However, after writing this cheesy song in rehab, he relapsed, stole a car, forged checks, and ended up in jail. He is currently awaiting trial. When he was arrested, he had 4 ounces of cocaine on him. His wife has filed for sole custody of their children, and his family members no longer speak to him."
Mark my words. The next time you watch this show, and someone busts out a guitar or piano...just wait for the follow-up.

1 comment:

clooneymom said...

The sis you mentioned you were chatting with sounds like she would be very attractive with sparkling wit not to mention a slammin personality! ;-)

Love your blogs - they crack me up!