Monday, April 14, 2008

I Got a Man (and he writes love letters)

Before you think I got all soft and wanted a man that writes love letters ( I don't--truly--or poetry, for that matter) I got on the subject of Positive K's "I Got a Man," the early 90's anthem for taken ladies blowing off persistent men. Oddly, only one other person in my group of Chickies knew this song. How is that possible? How did they get through the grunge years without busting out any of the fine lines from this classic:


"I'm not tryin' to hear that, see"


"Now you talkin', pshht, whateva!"


"Are you a chef, cause you keep feeding me soup!"


"You got eyes, but they not for me, you better use them for what they're for, and that's to see!"


I forgot how super-crappy this song and video were. Plus, the girl is really annoying. For those of you also living in a cave (like my Chickies) behold the fun that is "I Got a Man!"


**Double-points to Lance for not only knowing this song, but for liking it. He even yelled "how long you had that problem??" at the right time. Swoon. **

2 comments:

teuscher travels said...

Haha - who are your chickies?!?! That is the best song!! I think they must have been in a cave -you gotta do the head swerve with your finger pointed out though, otherwise it just doesnt work!

The Mostess said...

Word.