Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Lil' General Store



I want to run a lil' general store. You know, the kind where Ma and Pa Ingalls got their sugar and wheat out of a huge barrel, and Laura ran wild in the penny candy aisle. General stores are fun and quaint, and they remind me of a time when life seemed simpler.


I love these cute little jars from Anchor Hocking Glass. I want to fill them with candy and treats and set them out at my next party with an adorable little silver scoop.


I already have this barrel jar. I haven't gotten a chance to break it in yet, but I plan to use it to dole out frothy lemonade at a cookout this summer. How cute would that be?



I would love-love one of these--but I don't have a real general store and we have no room in our cracker-box house--so it's a no-go:



Even though the charm isn't there, I love Cumberland General Store. They have old-fashioned soaps, foods, glass items, lanterns, clothing, and vintage toys (tiddlywinks and slingshots anyone??) Just looking at this site makes me want to go back to the 1800's.


2 comments:

Subway Love said...

So you want to own a Cracker Barrel?

The Mostess said...

Maybe, maybe not. Even if I did, I wouldn't do so on the advice of some lurker who loves stinky subways--the transportation system and/or the sandwich chain.