Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Old Man Williker



In our little, 2-person family we have an occasional visitor by the name of Old Man Williker. He never lets us know he's coming. He just shows up, rants and raves like a looney whilst shaking his old man cane, and then, quick as he came, he departs back to grumpy old man land. He first appeared last Easter. This is how it went down.


BFF Amy: I heard about this funny Peeps thing. You put 2 peeps in the microwave, and stick toothpicks in their hands. When they expand, they joust!

Me: Fun! Let's do it.

Husbie was a little unsure, but let us go ahead. The peeps began to joust, then melt, then create a big ol' sticky lump. Out of nowhere, Old Man Williker made his first appearance:

OMW: Look at that mess! Who's going to clean that up????

BFF and Me: Stares that seem to say "chill out, old man" without saying anything at all.

And just like that...OMW was gone. Husbie look alarmed, but happy he was gone.


It's not just Husbie that brings this unwelcome guest to our home. Anytime I think music is too loud, that spring break should be banned, that neighbor kids are annoying, or that everyone around me is an "a**-idiot" (this is my dad's fave term for most everyone but himself), I realize this curmudgeon is visiting, and I quickly bid him adieu. If you find him making appearances in your life, I suggest you do the same.

No comments: