Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Holiday Breakfast



My MIL, Bon-Bon, shared her recipe for "Holiday Breakfast" the first Christmas I spent with Husbie's family. It's a tasty and hearty dish, perfect for brunch and showers. I served this at my friend Alie's baby shower, and my friend Vickie is going to serve it at her bridal shower in UT. It's my most-requested recipe, so I figured I would post it for you. Bonus--it's naturally gluten-free, and is a tasty alternative to a traditional quiche:


Holiday Breakfast--serves 10-12


3 TBS Vegetable Oil

2 LBS Frozen Hash Browns, thawed

1 onion, chopped

1 green pepper, chopped

1 cup cubed, cooked ham

1 dozen eggs, well beaten

Salt and Pepper to taste

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Heat oil; add onions and green peppers and brown. Add hashbrowns and cook until they start to brown. Pour into a greased 9 X 13 pan. Spread ham out on top. Pour eggs over ham. Top with cheese. Refrigerate overnight. In the morning, bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes @ 375 degrees. Make sure the top is browned, and that the eggs have set, especially in the middle. Tastes great with salsa or ketchup.


For Alie's shower, we served it with croissants, strawberries, veggies & dip, and spinach salad (w/raspberries, almonds, and a poppy-seed dressing). It was a very tasty spread.

3 comments:

Lance said...

Mmmm tasty. gimme!

Jen Mo said...

what's up brenda?! I'm in Washington and still laughing from our hilarity-fest at Julie's shower!

The Mostess said...

K--we're like the funniest thing. EVER.