Thursday, November 13, 2008

You Say Potato, I Say Disgusting

I made a tasty crockpot roast on Sunday. I had picked up some carrots and potatoes a few days before--however, when I went to pull the potatoes out, the bag was all damp. Then I took a peek inside, and this is what I found:


Ga-rody. Lance casually shrugged his shoulders, and stated that I should just cut off the "little appendages" and "toss 'em in the crockpot."

Seriously--I put it to a vote. Would you ever, ever eat these potatoes? Tyler A, you're not allowed to vote, because you once ate suspicious berries and cannot be trusted. ;)

For the record, these creepy taters did *not* make it into the pot.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I would not even want to touch them. Scary.

Hayley said...

of course tat would eat them. i would not. i would however chop off the nasties and plant them...in a few months time you'll have potatoes a-growin in your garden! spoken like a true idahoan.

Life's a Dance said...

Um..it depends. Were they still firm or no? And if you slice them down the middle and the insides are good, you can just take off the "eyes" and they will be fine. But if there is mold or nasty stuff inside- toss them!

teuscher travels said...

NO!

brooke said...

I just wrote the same exact thing as my sister--even the scary. Now I have to erase it. Those potatoes are disgusting--I would have just gone to McDondalds for dinner.

Kyle and Melanie said...

NO WAY! I get freaked out by anything growing off of a potato. :) I do hate it when I have to throw away veggies, though. It's such a waste. Oh well, what can you do. :)

Amber said...

Absolutely not. Into the trash they go...

Angela said...

I woudn't..... but I know Lance's mom Bonnie, and my Dad Kent would both say exactly what Lance said! Infact, I remember when I was young one Dad's youngest sister suggesting we used real potatos for a Potato Head toy. I remember finding that thing and it looked like a monster. Things like that always stay with you!