Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Speechless


I have a feeling it will be hard to sleep tonight. I am so excited! I hope this new administration brings the peace, stability, progress and change that I feel we need now more than ever. What an unforgettable night--I feel so privileged to have been part of this monumental election.

Perhaps it's just me--but I seriously have TuPac's 'Changes' going through my head, yo. It can't just be me, right?? I blame my ghetto-rap loving days (seriously..don't challenge me to a Dre or Snoop-off..I will eat you alive) but I have been thinking about this line, and how even a few years ago, this day seemed out of reach: "although it seems heaven-sent, we ain't ready to see a black president."

Yeah, I just quoted Tupac, and it's grammatically incorrect. However-- I'm sure he's hanging with Biggie in heaven, feeling just as happy as the rest of us.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Though I didn't vote for Obama I can say amen to your hope for peace, stability, progress, and change (hopefully in the right direction). Good riddance to the bickering that has gone on for way too long. And cool that TuPac was wrong.

I won't challenge you to a rap off.

stacycaye said...

You are hilarious! I also have a lot of reading to do here! You've written a lot! I didn't see the Office post....I need to find it.

So for now, I'm gonna lay back and sip on some gin and juice...keeping my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

Angela said...

This Obama Mama couldn't be happier! And since I was in Europe when the news broke, I was elated to see the whole European community celebrating with us!