Sunday, November 16, 2008

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Dobbie has been a VERY bad boy this evening. It started out all fine and dandy. I complained (again) about our ghetto 50's pantry. It had these heavy inside doors that would always get stuck, and we could never get to the good stuff behind them. We were planning on opening it up and ripping out the inside doors--well, tonight, we did just that. Then we noticed the annoying board running down the front, and Lance got his saw out and hacked it off.

While he did all of this, I was grilling up some chicken for dinner. I had to help him find a box (all right, all right--I admit the box of boxes came in handy) for all of the spoiled, unreachable food.

When we came back in, this is what we found:


And, when we looked down on the floor, this is what we saw:


This is dinner we each ended up having:


And, this is what Dobbie's night looked like:


The gall of this dog. Plus, isn't he a little old to be scrounging around and stealing all of our food? In dog years, he's a 28 year old. I have a 28 year old food-stealing son. Time for the big guy to start picthing in and earning his keep if you ask me. It starts with finding his own food supply, and keeping his grubby paws off my chicken dinner!

4 comments:

brooke said...

Thanks for the link--I expect my sitemeter to skyrocket! Dobbie saw his chance and he took it--can't blame him. This is why I don't have a dog--however, if I got one, I'm sure I wouldn't have to sweep the kitchen floor as often.

Hayley said...

sounds like logie was in the dog house...no pun intended :) what a stinker!!!

Angela said...

That dog will keep you guys trim and fit! Send him my way, I need someone eating off my plate! He sounds exactly like what I need to stay on the diet.

Kaari, I too, am really glad that we have connected. I agree, the blogs have been great resources to stay in touch and get to know one another. Since Lance was my all time fav cousin/neighbor and still is- I was constantly concerned/interested in who he would end up with. (Since I knew practically everyone he dated) He made a very good choice. You rock! So maybe one day- I can persuade you both to come visit and do a Boston weekend :) we will have to pull out the 80's music and have some fun!

Amber said...

At least it was chicken, and not chocolate which sent you to the emergency animal hospital at midnight, spending hundreds of dollars!! If only we were so lucky...