Thursday, November 6, 2008

Get Those Jazz Hands Ready!


I've decided to take my workout routine seriously--I'm adding in a little jazz. Yes, I'm going to start Jazzercise classes at the local community center. I need to get out of the house and do something loud, fast and fun, and Jazzercise seems perfect. Of course, it has to overcome the whole "80's" thing, and the fact that Lancer keeps teasing me about my geriatric workout buddies. However--I was pleasantly surprised to see that they overhauled it. It incorporates the trademark dancing and music--however, they mixed in pilates, yoga, kick-boxing, weights and stretching so it's a good cardio workout with the benefit of weights. Jazzercise=maximum de-chubbing=maximum hotness.

I am slightly worried about the fact that one of the routines includes a sassy little move--apparently, you lick your finger, touch your booty, and make a sizzling sound. But I am trying to put "The Sizzler" out of my mind.

I'm taking my "fat" photos tonight. I won't be posting those--ever. However, I will be more than happy to post the results of my smokin' hot new Jazzy body...you know, when I get it.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I kid you not--my mom became a Jazzercise instructor when I was 6 months old and taught until her hip wore out (all that jumping) and she had it replaced last year! Jazzercise has been a big part of my life--who can say that--so this cracks me up. She has always been in really great shape so there you go.

P.S. She would be all about the sizzle.

Ashley said...

P.S. Your butt does not look fat at all in that photo.

The Mostess said...

I know...Jazzin' gives you a killer body. The instructor is, like, 60, and her body is way better than mine. But she does kind of have too-tanned skin and smoker hair. You know what I'm talking about.

Which leads to my next thought--THAT'S NOT MY BUTT. I just found an 80's Jazzercise-type butt for my blog. Remember--NO "fat/before" pictures, just "hot/after" pics.

I NEVER want to be all about the sizzle...I just want to lose the chub!

leakysieve said...

Before pictures are only taken so that you have something to burn later when you are smokin' hot.
I wish I were there sweating with you!

Angela said...

I too am starting my new body life- so you will have to keep in touch with how it is going! So pull those leg warmers out and get your headband on:)

brooke said...

I laughed out loud. I'm adding you to my bloglines so I can get my dose of reality/humor all the time. I have spent years doing jazzericse in my mom's classes. I have done the sizzle. The thing is, I am done doing workouts that feel like torture at my gym--jazzercise is fun and it is a great workout.

Kristene Francis Robertson said...

Go for it! I have some chub of my own to loose. Where do I sign up?