Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Top Ten of 2010


It's that time of year again--where I get to spout off about the best and worst songs of the year. You can find previous controversial posts here and here.

Note that these are NOT in order. Let's get this party started!

The Worst Songs of 2010

1. Bedrock by Young Money. What a Piece of crap. I can't even pick out the most annoying lines because they're all annoying.

2. Anything and everything by Kesha. Since when is whining singing? And why does she always look like she crawled out of a trash can. Ugh. Make her go away.

3. Hey Soul Sister by Train. I would give $100 to never hear this song again.

4. Love The Way you Lie by Rhianna and Eminem. Why is Eminem still so angry? Is he still pissed at his ex-wife Kim and his lame mom? Wasn't he mad about that in the 90's? Time to invest in therapy and stop torturing me with your angsty lyrics. The fact that Rhianna has been in a high profile abusive relationship also makes this weird and creepy to me.

5. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. Lame song about drunken memories and regrets. It was great when Garth did it, but this songs irks me.

6. Every single song by (and featuring) Nicki Minaj. Trying really hard to make that epileptic robot thing work. It's not.

7. Billionaire by Travis McCoy. Again with the unimaginative lyrics, including references to Oprah and Brangelina. Spare me.

8. Airplanes by B.O.B. Ugh.

9. Replay by Iyaz. Shawty is annoying.

10. Magic by B.O.B and Rivers Cuomo. Not magic to my ears.


Bad Song Honorable Mention: Baby by The Biebs. It can't make the official list because I sing it all the time. It's shameful.

The Best Songs of 2010

1. California Gurls and Teenage Dream by Katy Perry. Pop at its best. Love it!

2. Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz. Techno dance beats from a Euro guy. Does it get any better?

3. OMG by Usher. He's single again, and he's back. He kills it on this single.

4. Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. Great video, great lyrics, amazing voice. This is her 3rd year on my top ten list.

5. Sexy Chick by David Guetta and Akon. Another techno heavy jam that makes you want to dance.

6. In My Head by Jason Derulo. Very talented young artist making people crowd the dance floor.

7. I Like It by Enrique Iglesias and Pitbull. Great all around jam.

8. Like a G6 by the Far East Movement. Another great dance song.

9. Undisclosed Desires by Muse. Dark and reminiscent of Depeche Mode. I dig this song.

10. Runaway by Kanye West. Genius to everyone but Taylor Swift.


Best Song Honorable Mention: Bulletproof by La Roux. All around great song.

Agree? Disagree? Hate my top songs? Love Justin Bieber?? Let me have it!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Agreed: Ke$ha, epileptic robots, Magic. Love Usher, Gaga's songs are great for the workout but not a fan of the Lady herself, Enrique.

Disagreed: Need You Now, Bieber- a regular in our lives, when it comes to Kanye vs. Taylor, I'm team Taylor. Never gotten into Muse.

Forgotten: Dynamite- Taio Cruz.
Nothin on You- B.o.B. Rhythm of Love- Plain White T's.

Jennifer said...

I generally agree. But I cannot stand Like a G6! It just feels so unimaginative.

And... I am dying to hear your take on Glee. Love it? Hate it? The beginning of a new TV era or the culmination of everything wrong with this world?

Ashley said...

I only know about half of those songs. Tyler played the Eminem/Rhianna song for me the other day and I could only handle about half of it. Eminem is such a downer.

I like Hey Soul Sister. It's catchy!

Love California Gurls.

What's all the techno mumbo jumbo? Would I recognize it if I heard it? Do they play it on KBAY?