Wednesday, December 22, 2010

There's no Place Like Home for the Holidays

But I wouldn't know...because we've been up to fun adventures all over the Bay Area!

First up--ugly sweater caroling. We gathered on our friend's lawn in ugly sweaters, caroled our hearts out, and then went inside to eat a bunk of treats. This is my kind of party.

"We wish you a Merry Christmas, We Wish you a Merry Christmas..."

Santa Webb showed up, and delighted all with his, er, her beard.

Wouldn't you love it if this group showed up on your lawn? I know I would.


We have Papa Elf, Mamma Elf, Doggie Elf, and now Baby Elf. Blakely was born into elfdom--it's in her blood. Glad she has an outfit to show off her elfin' pride. More photos to come.


Santa Babies!


Kristine's tasty spread for us


Next up--The Jungle, where I placed B in a pile of balls. This caused all sorts of uproar among my friends, who tried to convince me I was infecting her with swing flu, staph infections, bird flu, and the common cold. So far so good in that department.

Last stop-the holiday lights at Gilroy Gardens. I was so excited to check them out. They spend a month decking the entire park out with lights, and open up a limited number of rides for the kids for the Christmas season. Definitely worth the drive!


We brought honorary Big Sis J along for the fun.

First carousel ride with Gramma!

B was all decked out in her fluffy fleece suit. She stayed nice and snuggly all evening as we strolled around the park.

Tinger and Colin joined us, too. They bought a 2011 season pass for Christmas this year, and will be partying it up with us all summer long!

They had bright lights all over the lake--it was festive and beautiful



Choo-Choo! Time to ride Santa's Polar Express!

Snuggin with Gramma on the train

All aboard!



We took a photo in front of this adorable cupcake in honor of Eriika, who collected vintage cupcake cookie jars. She gave me one, and it's in B's room!

At the end of a long and fun night out at Gilroy Gardens. See you next summer!


Now I need a date night with Lancer, because we haven't spoken in 3 months--at least not about anything besides diapers, wipes, formula, spit-up and our adorable baby. That ain't right. Good thing Gramma's in town to babysit. Happy holidays!

4 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

Your friends are wrong. Everyone knows those balls have flesh eating bacteria.

Lance said...

I can't get enough of our new little elf!

Ashley said...

YES, take advantage of the built-in babysitter! (But I bet you two lovebirds spend the whole night talking about how cute B is!) Gilroy Gardens looks so fun. I'm a fool for never having been to that. Makes me excited for summer!

And B in the balls gives me the willies! Those things are full of used band-aids and syringes and lice . . . .

Unknown said...

I love the cupcake pic. I'm sure Eriika loves it too!