Sunday, October 11, 2009

What's a Little Breaking & Entering Among Friends?

Kristine came up with a fabulous idea a few months ago--a weekend at a beach house in Santa Cruz. Sign me up! The weather was a bit on the blustery side, and I was feeling a little on the lay around in pajamas side--good match. All in all, it was a great weekend that got off to a bit of a rocky start. I'm starting to wonder if I'm a GNO curse.

Here's Kristine going for the key in her pocket

Here's Kristine not getting in the door because the owners of our amazing house had accidentally deadbolted the door from the inside. The deadbolt has no key. After some serious negotiations with the owners, we got permission to break into the house.

The kind neighbor came over with a hammer and some rugs to help us bust into the garage.

I volunteered to break and enter, having been the only one in the group with experience in doing so. Don't ask. I posted this photo to shame Sharla, WHO SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO TAKE IT.

One leg in

Dropping down to the garage floor

We're in!!

A few necessary items--trashy magazines...

...and craptastic movies and the karaoke machine. I love me some Dirty Dancing!

We kicked off the evening with some tasty fondue. **Someone** may have caused me to giggle during their prayer by praying that we would have a "super fun weekend."

Cheese fondue and pizza fondue followed by chocolate fondue. We were stuffed.

Here's the beautiful morning on our deck--killer view!

Hanging out on the couches in our jammies...

...by the roaring fire!

Saturday night we had a taco bar with all the fixins.

No taco bar would be complete without my cheesy white trash dip. It's delish.

Here's our poor hack job on fixing the window. At least we tried.

Bye-bye gorgeous and spacious beach house!

And bye-bye to 4 lovely girls--thanks for a fun and relaxing weekend. Maybe next time I will get dressed and leave the house. But I truly enjoyed my time on the couch watching Mean Girls with you and eating copious amounts of food.

4 comments:

brooke said...

I think the funniest part is that someone prayed that you would have a really fun time--I doubt you needed any Divine help in that dept.

Unknown said...

....my disclaimer....that is *not* the shot I was going for....you climbed the ladder way faster than your camera could snap in the dark!

As soon as I saw it, I did say you'd probably want to delete it!

It was a Fun weekend!

Hayley said...

looks like a great time! yes, maybe you are the curse???

Ashley said...

Come baaaaaaaaaaaack.