Monday, October 26, 2009

Going for Gold

We have been busy partying it up lately--see last post. Did I mention I also had to throw my church's Halloween party on Saturday night? I need a week of straight sleeping.

Last week we were in Utah for Dave and Bon-Bon's 50th wedding anniversary. 50 years! Crazy.

The lovebirds in 1959


And the lovebirds today! Many moves, kids, and hairstyles. Oh, the hairstyles. Bon-Bon had every single hairstyle that was ever popular. Bouffant, beehive, flip, flat, short, long, permed..you name it.

Bonnie is a party gal just like me--so we had dinner on Thursday, Anniversary party on Friday, and Halloween party on Saturday. It was a non-stop party.

Hangin' out with my kind

Madonna and an Arabian Princess...better known as Capree and Avery

Bonnie had spent months putting together a special album for all of the kids with all of their childhood pictures--it was an incredible feat, and a lot of fun to have. I may have to do some scanning.

Bonnie and David checking out the book we put together for them with letters and pictures from all of us.


While we were at dinner, Lancer told me about an Esquire article he had read that said people look better if they show more teeth when they smile. We gave it a try.

Regular smile

Showing more teeth. I think # 1 is the clear winner.


Happy Anniversary Bon-Bon and Dave--we love you! We hope you still love us after you see the above photo.

5 comments:

Linda said...

But you look like you are having so much fun in the second photo!

Linda said...

Crap that's me Ashley posting all over the place as Linda. Too lazy to fix it.

Lance said...

You need to post smile phone #3. That was the real winner!

Kristine Gray said...

That wedding picture is priceless! Nice teeth you two.

brooke said...

I agree with Ashley--I like the second picture because you look like a couple of party animals.

I appreciate a woman who has had a ton of different hairdos. Bon Bon never got trapped with one 'do for 20 years--a real ager on women. Nice going Bon Bon.