Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pub Grub

Our fun, adorable and now OLD friend (just kiddin' girl!) Amber celebrated the big 3-0 and had friends up to HMB to celebrate in style.

Our first stop was Cameron's Pub and Grill. It's this crazy British-style pub full of collectibles. It's a trip.


What would a birthday be without a little karaoke?? Here's Lance covering "Just a Gigolo" by Diamond Dave. It was a crowd fave--video footage possibly to come.

The birthday girl busting out a little Abba!


We did a "great" Bon Jovi song--no really, it was great. And by great I mean terrible--but we had fun and committed. There's nothing worse than people who half-heartedly sing and complain they aren't great singers over and over again. Most people suck--just get down and have fun!


Next, we raided the roll of quarters and hit up the game room--old school pinball, arcade faves, and a jukebox that took my money but never played my songs. I was too lazy to get my $2 back.


What would the night be without a little pub grub? I would kill for some fish and chips, but it's a no-go for me. I settled for some chili and a chocolate banana milkshake that I split with Lancer. Why have I not been drinking these for years?? It was so tasty.


Cameron's, like the rest of CA, has to adhere to a strict no-smoking law, which we all love. They circumvent it by having an outdoor double-decker smoking bus from London in the front yard. We couldn't resist checking that business out.



After Cameron's, we headed over some classier fare at The Ritz. We chatted by the fire, drank cocoa and tea, and watched the waves crash. We were hoping to do s'mores outside by the fire, but it was far too windy and far too cold. Inside was just fine with this little lass.

Happy Birthday Lady!

4 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

I love Cameron's and the the double decker bus!

brooke said...

I love that your really know how to celebrate a birthday! You are definately the Ghostess with the Mostess for Halloween.

The Potter Pack said...

I am a huge Bon Jovi fan !! I would have loved to hear your version !! I am a complete butt rocker !!

Amber said...

Thanks, K! A whole post dedicated to my 3-0 birthday?! Wow, I am honored. :) So glad you made it - a party isn't really a *party* without the Mama with the Mostess and her handsome hubby!