Friday, October 30, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

We decided to give Brangelina a run for their money at our "Hollywood couples" Halloween party this evening

I should never dye my hair brown.

And, according to me (and my extensive pop culture knowledge), I present you the best Halloween costume of the entire season: Ms. Lady Gaga.

I *loved* the spooky libations bar. They put so much time and effort into throwing such a killer soiree. Good work, ladies!

But the best part of the party was when we went to the wrong house first--we ate food, partied a bit, checked out costumes, said hello, looked for friends, and then had an awkward exchange with the hostess of the house. She went to take our picture, but lowered the camera and gave us a weird look instead. We looked at her, she looked at us, then we all realized we were at the wrong house. (I thought it was awfully scandalous to have a Katy Perry song playing--I kissed a girl and I LIKED IT!!).

Can I also pretend that I didn't ruin their impeccable spooky food spread by adding (and then leaving) a plastic container of mini-cupcakes?? I was too embarrassed to go back and get them. I'm sure some kid thought he hit pay dirt with those crappy mini cakes.

Happy Halloween--may you always attend the right party.

3 comments:

brooke said...

Perfect costumes--instantly recognizeable--my only requirement for costumes.

Hilarious story about the wrong party. I love that you two were so comfortable that it took you awhile to realize you were in the wrong house.

Linda said...

I am dying that you went to the wrong party! That is priceless. Great costumes too. Are you partied out yet?

Crap Linda's signed in again . . . .

Stephanie said...

How funny you know Seth...did you recognize him behind that helmet??? Seth is MY first cousin...which is kinda weird, but my mom is his dad's much older sister, so my mom is a Hulme. Where do you teach him? At Village or at reading class? That's really funny. We love Seth.