Saturday, August 8, 2009

"The Hotel is Totally Comparable to the Westin"

You know what time of year it is? Why, it's time for our 2nd annual GNO in San Francisco! We had so much fun last year, we decided to do it again. And, just like last year, we brought along a margarita maker and crockpot. Don't you bring along your home appliances to hotels? We do. And we also bring a *huge* tupperware tub full of muddy buddies.


On the way up to SF, we stopped in at Nipa Pon in San Mateo. We feasted on spring rolls, satay skewers, yellow curry, and honey chicken. All good bets. Don't be fooled by the hole in the wall appearance--it's top notch Thai fare.

We had scored a great online deal for the Westin. Upon check-in, however, they were "mysteriously" overbooked. However--they had an "excellent deal" for us, and wanted to send us to "a comparable boutique hotel" up the street. They would pay for the hotel room and even give us free cab vouchers. Score! They showed us pictures of the hotel, as shown below. Not too shabby, right??

We went for it. We hopped in a cab with the world's weirdest cabbie. He dropped us off at our amazing hotel.

See pics of actual hotel below.

Hey--this hotel is famous!! It's where the two redrum twins reside.

And here's a picture of the lovely room. Upon entering to inspect it, we heard a man next door eliminating some kind of waste from some kind of bodily orifice. That's all I'm saying. And doesn't this room look just like the one they promised??

This is Heather on her iphone, angrily looking up the number for the Westin. Throughout this whole ordeal, we are laughing hysterically. We can't imagine the Westin really thought we would buy the ruse about the hotel being comparable.

We headed down the stairs, and then saw the following. That was the last straw. Back to the freakin Westin. I draw the line at murdered bodies.

After we angrily explained the situation to the people at the desk (including mention of bodily functions) a room miraculously appeared for us. Time to bust out the margarita maker! Did I mention the pricey room and parking were now free??


I also learned my lesson from last year. The 4 quart crockpot was spacious for dipping, but too cumbersome to hide in a suitcase. Enter the Little Dipper. She did a fine job on the fondue front. This was followed by laughing, gossiping, and general giddiness until 5 am.

I have always wanted to take a picture jumping on the bed in matching pj's. That last bit was a bust, but we got a good action shot. I have to brag about my hair, though. It looks like flaxen gold.

And then we heard a snap. A loud snap. Our official story is that is was someone's ribs, and definitely not the bed.

Off to Sears Fine Food for brunch around 1pm. It was a long night. The ladies loved their plates, and mine was delish as well.

After brunch, we spent the rest of the afternoon in Union Square shopping. Sarah picked up some killer 7's, and I got a cheapie summer skirt.

Thanks for another night of delicious food, treats, fun, and serious laughs. We would also like to thank Lancer for sponsoring the transportation for our jaunt up to the city. We rolled straight up Benzi style.

Here's to next year ladies!!

8 comments:

Angela said...

Love the girls night out- Man I wish I lived there...I would join you!

brooke said...

You seriously know how to party on a Girls' trip--and free hotel and parking to boot?! I'm so glad you didn't stay at that seedy dive. A man doing his business in the next room--with paper thin walls. Disgusting. And were those twin beds?

I, too, have the little dipper but have never used it--the fondue is perfect--I will try it--see, I learn stuff from reading blogs!

Sara said...

I love the murder room! Too funny.

Hayley said...

still getting the chills from looking at 1-the hallway, 2-the red taped room, & 3-my creepy gremlin face outside the room

Hayley said...

& 1 more thing making me shudder:
my hair from last years pics! HELLO?! i thought we were good enough friends that you would have told me i had a hiddeous cut?

The Mostess said...

Brooke--YES!! There were 2 twin beds, and no room for our Aero bed. We're still split on what the official "business" was, but my $$ is on barf. But ether way....and I love my Little Dipper!

Hayley--the pics show a rather voluminous 'do, but I don't remember it being that big. I think it was just muggy that day.

teuscher travels said...

I am with Kaari, I think the pics do not do the hair justice. I might be that it is backlit? Cause dont worry, we would tell you (or at least Sarah and Kaari would have....)

I am still laughing from the amazing weekend and am dreaming of the brunch....cant wait for next year!

Ashley said...

I hope someone took minutes of the gossip--I want a full report!!!