Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lessons I Learned from Chipotle


Back in our newlywed days, a new Chipotle opened up in Foster City. I was excited--I love good Mexican food. They had this highly addictive creamy avocado and corn salsa that was sooo tasty. I would find excuses to go during the week--then it became a few few times a week--soon, it was every single day. I couldn't get enough. Lancer warned me not to eat there all of the time, that I would get sick of it and start hating it. I ignored his sage wisdom.

A few months later, the thought of Chipotle made me want to hork. It took me 5 years before I would eat it again, and I have to say it wasn't even all that great. Bleh.

My point--I think I'm starting to move into that scary territory with Fuel in SJ. They have these grilled pork rolls and mango beef salad that I think about all night and day.

I popped in tonight, and the guy says to me "grilled pork rolls with gluten free sauce and a Diet Coke?" Crap--moving into Chipotle territory, right?

Worse. The food is delivered, and the lady says "here you go, Kaari."

Def-initely Chipotle territory. But I can't stop myself. And I don't think I want to.

5 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

They have a GF sauce? Take me next time you go.

brooke said...

I'm dying to try Fuel. The husband is changing jobs so I doubt I'll be making my yearly pilgrimage to SF. So sad--especially now that I have a tour guide. I'll find a way to get down to at least visit AShley and you can take us somewhere yummy.

I burned out on Cafe Rio a year or two ago and now I'm back. Give Chipolte some time.

BTW, my bloglines just put up your last four posts all at the same time. Weird. So I never knew you posted on Monday. I hate bloglines sometimes.

Ashley said...

Sounds dang good. I say go hard or go home. When you burn out on this place there will be another.

Although, I did not care for it when I walked into Pottery Barn Kids and the employee said, "You haven't been in for a while."

Tim said...

If there's no health code violations it ain't real Mexican :)

You do know Chipotle is owned by McDonalds, right?

Lance said...

Fuel is mighty tasty; indeed it is wonderful. I can't say that I blame you on this.