Friday, September 25, 2009

Oysters, Part 2

Our favorite SF girl and recent bride Jo-Jo just turned another year older. She wanted oysters and champagne for her birthday--I subbed in an ice-cold Diet Coke for the stronger stuff, but was more than happy to chow down on oysters for the second time in 2 weeks. I've totally come around on these little crustaceans. I like them raw, but really love them BBQ'd.

We headed down to The Marshall Store in Marhsall, Ca--it's near Stinson Beach. The drive is gorgeous--green and windy, with little pit stops in tiny towns. It reminds me of Iowa.

Joe and Jo

Eating oysters at the roadside table


In addition to the oysters, I got a crab salad followed by apple slices and some Mt. Tam cheese. I need to pick up another wedge of this creamy baby.

This place is seriously great. It's a tiny roadside restaurant that serves up oysters, clam chowder, and crab delights. It's popular with bikers and kayakers. We will definitely be going back.



Snuggi over half-shells

The crazy ladies. I love Jo-Jo's dress.


Love you girls. Here's to more delish food next year! Happy Bday baby!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Jo-Jo has cute bangs.

I've never tried oysters. I would be intimidated, what with that scene from Pretty Woman and all.

The Mostess said...

Wasn't that escargot???

Lance said...

I'm ready to go back and get some more!

brooke said...

How you tempt me with the food shots. Marshalls sounds so yummy. I love seafood but i'm a little sqeemish about oysters. The clam chowder and crab salad sound divine.

Alie said...

i love oysters. yum.

ShopGirlSF said...

Thanks Ashley!

OMG The oysters were SOOO good! I want to go back again now!!