Thursday, October 30, 2008

That's The Spirit


As you well know, we threw a killa Halloween party last Friday. What you didn't know is that our pricey, matchy costumes were total freakin' booty. We had stopped into the Spirit store a few weeks before, and were excited to bust them out and shame people who had on lame costumes.

An hour before the party, I pulled them out. My "costume" was a stupid mish-mash of ugly junk...some semblance of a scary dress, some weird capelet, 1 glove, some weird lace garter, and no hat. Lance's was *way* better though...his dapper ghost costume was also some semblance of a scary dress. Oh, and a silver top-hat. WTH??

What he bought:

What he got:
Lance hauled them on back.

Lancer: Yeah. I need to return these costumes.

Spirit Man: Sorry, we have a no return policy.

Lancer: Riiiigt. That's not going to work for me.

Spirit Man: Sorry, can't help you. We can't do any returns.

Lancer: My man's suit was a dress.

Spirit Man: Hmm.

Lancer: ~Rude-yet-convincing look~

Spirit Man: Okay, I'll give you a full refund.

Lancer: Yeah you will!!! (internal thought)

Lesson learned. If you plan on trying to buy fly costumes and shame your friends, check the package before leaving the store.

1 comment:

brooke said...

Hi--Ashley's sister here. I loved your McD's post. I've been reading through your blog and you are one funny gal. Thanks for the laughs. Your Halloween party looked great--your friends know how to get into costume! Wish I lived in the bay area.