Monday, October 27, 2008

Rock That Vote


Husbie and I just finished up our ballots, and I will drop them in the mailbox tomorrow. I have to say I am glad they included the 'I Voted" sticker along with my permanent absentee ballot--this is important to me. I was *very* excited to turn 18 so I could vote and wear my little sticker.

This is the first election where I deviated away from my old party. I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for a change. I'm concerned about the economy, my friend's brother who just enlisted in the armed services, the environment, and our general state of affairs as a country. I'm not quite sure how we got to this point, but I'm hoping we can turn things around.

I'm also quite appalled by the mis-information about candidates and the various propositions, especially here in California. I refuse to be scared, manipulated, bullied, or otherwise intimidated into voting any which way. I surprised myself a few times by the way I ended up voting, but I feel better knowing that I took the time (and a LOT of it) to wade through the issues and make informed, rational decisions based on the facts presented by both sides, though some decisions were more difficult than others.

I sincerely hope everyone gets out there to vote. Let's make a difference peeps!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I always wonder if people mean it when they say "Get out and vote!" Because honestly I only want people who are voting my way to vote, and I want people who are voting against me to stay home. Perhaps that view is un-American. Or perhaps it is an example of the American brilliance and ingenuity that has made us the great nation that we are today? No matter what, I hope people do follow your example and figure out what they are really voting on.

stacycaye said...

Wow, Kaari! I'm impressed. Not because it sounds like you voted the way I did, but because you did so much research! Kudos!