Sunday, January 30, 2011

2011 is Going to be MY YEAR!!

I have tons of solid evidence backing up my claim. Yeah, yeah..it's almost February and I have squat to show for January. But from here on out, it's going to be MY YEAR! Here's why.

2011 is the year I get to meet Donnie/NKOTB/BSB. July 1st in LA, July 2nd in San Jose. Yes, peeps, I get the boys back to back. I discovered at Thanksgiving that my cousin's girlfriend is also a Blockhead, and she's doing LA, San Jose, AND Vegas the following night. I'm keeping this in my back pocket so I can point out that I'm only doing 2 shows when people tell me I'm crazy.

Come and get me, Kaari!! I've waited long enough!

Because I'm hauling around extra weight like I still gots a fat baby inside me...I have decided to join the Y. Water aerobics, treadmills, free babysitting, a song named after it...it just seemed like the right thing to do. This will help with the aforementioned Donnie meeting, because I am going to be tanner (spray), thinner (YMCA), and generally hotter (will happen with the other 2 points)

This is the year we FINALLY get a new garage door! We did the front and back landscaping several years back, then took a hiatus from working on our house. The new garage door is definitely going to spruce things up.

This is our new garage door. And that's TOTALLY our awesome house.


I am also going to paint the house this year. Yes, I said that I am going to paint it. I feel like I kind of got tricked into it because Lancer told me that he "might allow me to paint the house" and I somehow thought I better hop on the offer and lock myself in. Call me the Lil Dutch Boy, because one spring has sprung, I'm getting to work. I'm going to paint it gray with white trim, and a red door.

This is the current color--kind of a golden mushroom soup color. Meh.


I also have this awesome plan for making food. Because I'm an on the go gal with Beezie, we have been eating a TON of Indian at my new go-to place since Gene and Fuel abandoned me. It's gotten so bad that the guy at the counter was scared to tell me that they were out of chicken korma. That only happened once. Now, when I arrive and they don't have any, he runs to the back and makes up a batch. Now that's service with a smile!


I digress. Because this is a bad habit, I bought a rice cooker, and it's totally going to change my life. Here's how. Because Sunday is a total bust in terms of shopping and fun, I am going to employ my new rice cooker and my 3 trusty crockpots since I'm home all day anyway. I will cook for the whole week, and then have delicious meals ready to go all week long. Genius, right??

The only wrench in that plan is the fact that Lancer will never know what we have to eat, and will end up eating some weird old crap from the back of the fridge. So...I bought a family organizer for our fridge door. Everyone has a column, so we can keep track of dates, appointments, travel, etc. One of the columns will be for dinner, and we will always know what's up for grabs.


The only problem with that plan is that our fridge door is stainless steel, and the calendar won't stick to it. Enter Mayfair Lane. They sell these incredible little clips that work on stainless steel appliances so you can hang calendars, photos, notepads, etc on your fridge. I bought the set below.

Also--I turn 35, which is going to be an AWESOME birthday. I'm going all out. I'm trying to decide between 2 themes--a 50's/60's sockhop, or a 70's disco. Discos are always fun, the music is great, and the costumes are easy to come by. But--I think everyone has already been to a disco-themed party, so it's not super original.


The sockhop would be super fun and more original--oldies music, burgers and shakes, fun costumes (though it would require more work), and the ability to do the Twist, the Hand Jive, and to Rock Around the Clock all night.


Anyone have thoughts either way?

See--2011 IS going to be my year!! I can just feel it in my bones!

6 comments:

Kristine Gray said...

You are such the super woman! I'm sure Donnie will be pining away for you once he realizes your heart belongs to Lancer.
Go for the sock hop because I already have a great poodle skirt to wear.

Ashley said...

This post exhausts me. I have nothing to wear to either party. I better be skinny by then. There is nothing worse than being fat and in costume.

The more I think about this post the more tired I get. Paint the house WHAT?

What is this new Indian place. Do they take coupons?

Ashley said...

I mean, paint the house WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? Not paint the house WHAT COLOR?!? I had vagueness.

Ashley said...

Hate vagueness. I hate vagueness, I also had vagueness. And with that I am out!

Unknown said...

It’s been about a year and a half since this post, and I can’t help but wonder if you ever did get that new garage door! Is it exactly the one in the picture you posted? Or did you go for something different instead? Oh, and how did your house-painting project go? I’d love to see pictures of the new garage door and the new paint job!

Libbie Olivas

Unknown said...

Thank goodness! I’ve been searching for a good color combination for my garage door, then I saw your pictures. Gray with a touch of white makes it perfect! This color combination makes it look cool and makes me look forward for new photos about the updates with your garage! Thanks for sharing your ideas with about your garage door head turner!

Sharron Folkes