Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fun in the Sun

It's been absolutely beautiful here the last few days.We're all over our colds for the most part, so it's back to being on the go. We enjoyed 2 fabulous park days this week.

B loves the sand, and enjoys watching the kids around her. I need some sand toys, pronto!

Blake practiced sitting by herself. She is doing a pretty bang up job!

Getting the hang of it...

Look, Ma--no hands!

Colin and Ingie were there, too. We joined them at their park day after the Storytime class I teach on Tuesdays. It's pretty fun--I read books, sing songs, do fingerplay, etc. Tuesday was my first week, and I think the kids liked it.

We continue to use the jogger every week doing StrollerHikes. I love B's expression in this pic.

B's favorite new toy is her crunchy book. She flips the pages, makes a ton of noise, and then puts the book in her mouth. Nice.

She also loves her jingling ball

Last Friday, we took in our first (and likely last) basketball game as a family. After we stayed for one lone quarter, Lancer declared that I should go with friends down the line. I'm not really a sports person, but I think one game a year is fun. Lance thinks once a decade is enough. So who will go see the Giants with me this summer?

Took in a very tasty dinner at Palo Alto Sol, a delicious Mexican restaurant in PA

And--joy of joys--we celebrated National Pie Day last Sunday. This is a real holiday people, and all you do is make and eat a ton of pie. My kind of celebration! I made a GF chocolate cream silk pie that was tasty. Thanks for hosting, Team Ashby!


Post-pie coma

Now I have to join a gym. I think I am going to join ClubOne in San Jose. It's a bit of a drive, but it has a water aerobics class, which is exactly what I'm looking for. They also have a great on-site daycare. Unfortunately, my leg is still numb, and I'm trying everything I can to help it without having to take drugs. They have other fun classes, too, and a great pool for B.

See ya at the park! Or the gym! or Strollerhikes! Or eating pie...if that's your thing.

2 comments:

brooke said...

I'm sorry your leg is still numb. That totally sucks. All crappy pregnancy symptons are supposed to disappear once you have the baby.

I admire you for doing water aerobics--so not my thing. Bathing suit--no thanks.

B doesn't take a bad picture.

Ashley said...

B in her strawberry sweater and polka dots is the cutest. You girls really are always on the go--it's so cute. I'm with Lance on the once-a-decade for live sports, depending on how many hot dogs and candy I'm allowed to chow while watching. Keep us posted on the gym thing--I think I am making my triumphant return this week. Good thing Pie Day is over!