Sunday, November 15, 2009

Busy as Bees

I was all excited for November to be the "relaxing" month between October and December. Yeah, that hasn't happened yet. Here's what we have been up to:

Had a delicious birthday dinner for our funny and adorable friend Ashley. If you haven't read her blog, you should. You will be funnier for it--trust me. Yes, we ate at Fuel. Don't judge-it's delish.



Next, Lancer was all excited for this motorcycle show in San Mateo. It has a ton of vendors, and they all display their newest wares and goods. They even had a (likely pink and purple filled) section for ladies. I was sold.


However, when we arrived, Lancer and I started seeing signs about some Harvest Festival--that's code for arts and crafts.Turns out we were a week early. Oops. Since we were already up there, I suggested we stay and see what they had going on.



It wasn't totally heinous--in fact, we had some delicious food, bought some yummy soy candles, and a Christmas gift I want to wear now. However, the Ball n Chain vetoed it. Guess it has to wait. As Lancer said about the craft fair--"You hit paydirt, and I just hit dirt."


We also got a DVR--FINALLY. I'm not sure why we were so behind the times on this--we're fairly tech savvy. It makes no sense. Even The Atwoods had DVR, and they're as thrifty as can be. Finding this out was almost as bad as when Tat beat me @ Dance Dance Revolution. This machine has already changed my life. I am now hooked on 30 Rock, and feel myself getting lazier and fatter. Thanks, Comcast.Speaking of the Atwood family, I got to visit Hayley and little baby Lincoln. She's right--I could have snuggled him for hours. He's so cute, and looks just like Avy. Congrats--we love you!


After the Harvest Festival, I tricked Lancer into going to Fry's and buying one more huge crockpot. Hey--I'm a big batch lady. I need big batch equipment. I had to clear off a whole shelf so I can have quick and easy access to them. I am convinced this is going to make my life easier.

It's also Clementine Cuties time!! We stopped by Whole Foods, and this is all that's left from a huge crate. We love these babies--and they're perfect right now. Not too firm, not too soft--juuuust right. Eat up! Vitamin C is waiting.


I also got to help host a baby shower for my favorite Twilight Mom, who is actually now going to be a mom. A real one. We can hardly wait for Renesme.

Mom to be opening her gifts



Alyssa with the other love of her life--Eddie. I was going to take him down post-Halloween and then put him back up for New Moon next Friday--but then I thought Alyssa would enjoy having it up for her shower. Lance is thrilled.

Kristine arranged 3 cute games, because Alyssa LOVES games. And we have to do what Mama wants.

The Ladies


I finally got to use my buffet warmer--this was a Christmas gift from Lancer last year. I love it! It keeps food the perfect temperature while you entertain in the other room.

And this is Brooke's famous salad, as interpreted by Heather. It was delicious. Here is the link for the recipe since everyone asked for it. Repeatedly. (You Warner ladies know how to eat! I mean that in the best way possible!)

The whole spread

And the adorable (and from what I hear tasty) carrot cake that Sharla made and decorated all by herself. It was so cute! It says "Goodbye tummy, hello mummy." I love that the baby on the cake is British.

Phew! That was one crazy week. I am so excited for next week--New Moon on Wednesday, Twilight in the theatre on Thursday, and then the New Moon party on Friday. I am ready for Eddie. Bring it on Twilight Moms! I will shove you out of the way if you get in my way. You tweens have nuthin on this crazy lady.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I am blushing a little bit from this post--you might need to post again STAT to move that picture down the blog a bit! This post was chock full of deep-fried hilarity (Tat beat you at dance dance?) but my favorite of all was the "dirt/pay dirt" line. I can't wait to drop that baby on Tyler!

brooke said...

First, I wish with everything I have that I could have come to Ashley's birthday dinner at Fuel. I'm coming out in January so maybe we can do a pretend birthday for me :-)

The salad is a winner every time. So glad you all enjoyed it again. Thanks for the shout out on the blog. Warner girls do know how to eat. And I do take that as a compliment.

I can't believe you have three gigantic crockpots. I'm jealous. Sam calls the crotch-pots. He doesn't like food made in them and thinks they make me lazy. Really, it is the other way around--I'm lazy and thus...I use it.

You throw awesome showers and I think you should leave Edward up all year.

teuscher travels said...

Brooke - your salad is divine! At 6 mos preggo it is the only way I will eat my veggies these days and I make huge batches of the dressing and keep bacon on hand. I think I went back for thirds when Ashley brought it to another shower! You girls do know how to eat and I am definitely taking notes!

I also would love to be a fly on the wall when Kaari and Lancer banter - who comes up with stuff like dirt/pay dirt??? My favorite story is still how you both met!

Hayley said...

come back to snuggle again soon (from L).

& by the way...the halloween platter you gave avy:
i made pancakes the next morning & put them all on the platter. she thought that was her plate & ate about 7 pancakes. i took a pic for you. she kept saying through breakfast "we gotta tell kaari thank you!"