Sunday, November 8, 2009

Incorrigible Dobbie

I made Lancer a pizza for dinner while I dined on ice-cream and cleaned out our two freezers. Seriously, peeps--my freezer is like my old pantry. It was loaded with 2 tons of old, icky, outdated crap that can't be consumed by humans or dogs alike. Why do I have pork chops from 2006? Maybe I'm responsible for the swine flu--it likely escaped when I opened my freezer door.

In any case, they're certainly coming along. I cleaned out all of the junk, and now I'm making room for all of my delicious soups and sauces I've been making all week.

Back to the pizza--I'm out in the garage when I hear the distinct clacking of dog nails on my counter. I run in to find Dobbie, up to his usual tricks.

Damage--one piece of thin crust BBQ pizza. Score one for Dogface!

Lucky for me, he knows his command "leave it!" We can use it to place food or another desired item in front of him, and command him to leave it alone. It's great--it's so hard for him, he can't look at it. He will look off into the distance with sad eyes. Then we yell "take it!" and said item is gone in an instant.

Why is my baby such a rotter? Oh well. He makes up for his culinary indiscretions by being so darn cute, polite, and snuggly. And for gladly wearing all of the holiday neckerchiefs I put on him.

5 comments:

Tyler said...

I'd be going for that pizza too. Yum. Dobbie's no fool.

Hilarious that you started the swine flu.

This is Ashley but who cares.

Kristine Gray said...

Dobbie appreciates good cooking when he sees it. Can you blame that precious face? Ah... he likes to cuddle with daddy too.

Hayley said...

had you told me you were responsible for the swine flu, i'd have been avoiding you the past several months. i guess i'm immune.

& yes, dobbie does make up for it by wearing handsome neckerchiefs.

brooke said...

I love how you toy with him. That story made me laugh out loud...leave it! Take it! That is good stuff.

Lance said...

I can't say that I blame him. After all, he was left alone in the kitchen with delicious vittles. He's just doing what we all would do!