Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So, You Come Here Often??


I was in the drive-thru at In-n-Out this afternoon. There was this nerdy, bespectacled guy in front of me, and I could see him looking at me in the rearview mirror. I ignored him. I'm certainly not looking for a secret boyfriend....right, Brooke??


As the line started to move, weirdo just sat there, occasionally glancing back at me. He left at least 1.5 car lengths between his car and the one in front of him.

I kinda scooted up--hint-hint, dude. He moved up a tiny bit, but still left a billion feet in front of him. I thought about honking, or sidling up to his bumper--but then I thought he might be a serial killer, and I didn't want to set Ted Bundy off. So I ignored him.

He moved up reluctantly but this weird dance continued on until he grabbed his burger and left.

As I was pulling out the light changed and I had to wait for 10-15 cars. No way I would see Ted again, right?? Wrong. Methinks he pulled over and waited for me. Wait-did I mention I look like crap, too? Oversized fleece and hair in a bun. Not hot.

As I 'm sitting at a light, I hear a honk. I look over, and Nerdman is holding up his frosty shake, giving me a knowing look and a smile--kinda "you like shakes, I like shakes, let's like shakes together." I was going to give him a rude face (and possibly a gesture) but then I realized the nerd's game was so bad he was trying to pick up chicks in the In-N-Out line. I wish there were a way to tell him I thought his "flirting" was the work of a serial killer, but I had no way to do so.

So I gave him a wan smile, flashed my ring, and drove off.

It's not you, it's me. And by that, I mean it's you.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

that definitely just made my day. :)

Ashley said...

You still got it!

Lance said...

That is funny stuff!

brooke said...

Nothing wrong with a secret boyfriend as long as he has something to offer. This guy clearly had nothing. If he could have at least paid for your order--then it may be a different story.

It made me laugh still. I'm jealous you are eating at In-n-out. I am merely salivating as I drive past the hour long line at ours.