Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vamps, Wolves, Choppers & Mud Baths

Or, how I spent my weekend.


Kicked off the crazy on Thursday night with Twilight in the theatre with Sharla. She had never seen it on the big screen, so I joined her. I'm not one to turn down Junior Mints and a 20 foot Eddie. Then, since we were already there....we decided to stay for the midnight showing of New Moon. We couldn't help ourselves. We make no apologies.

I had to be up by 7:30 the next morning and kind of wanted to die. But the thought of RPatz' hair and Tay-Tay's abs kept me going. And a gallon drum of Diet Coke. And a lot of sugar.

And then it was finally time for what I had been waiting months for...my New Moon party!


This handsome couple showed up, took a few pics, and then I told the one with scruff to scram. I gave him bonus points for his solid, smoldering stare-down competition with Jacob. However--maybe next time he should try it in front of a poster featuring someone less, um, smoldering. Someone like Jerry Lewis! Then he would surely win the stare-down contest. (Just kidding, T! Love the red and black!)

May I welcome you to Forks? Eddie stopped by to oversee the night's activities. He's so thoughtful that way.

SQUUUEAALLL!! Did you see that he is holding my hand in this pic??


Kristine laying a little sugar on her favorite teenaged werewolf

Sharla fitting right into the advertisements

Once Lancer came out of his man cave, he discovered that his house was plastered with pictures and posters of half-naked oily wolves and vamps, and women in their 30's getting a little too friendly with a cardboard cutout. He was very uncomfortable with this for some reason.

The Gang

In addition to a super low-key taco bar, we did some tasty Twi Treats to take to the movie--all red and black, of course.


We ate our food, listened to the Twilight soundtrack, took a quiz and giggled about our favorite boys. And, yes, New Moon really was just as great the third time. Except for the part where RPatz runs like a girl in a flowing vest during a dream sequence--you know which part I'm talking bout, Willis. That part was just as bad for the third time.

I finally got more than 5 hours of sleep, and then headed out to the Motorcycle show with Lancer. He was much happier at this than the crappy Fall Harvest Craft Fair.

@ The Harley Demo

I love these weird hybrid bikes--they are kind of like a snowmobile mixed with a motorcycle. 3 wheels, less chance to tip over. I'm all for it. We ran into our Stanford Ward friends, Jeff and Natalyn, at the show--I think Lancer has a new recruit for his biker gang. And Natalyn and I are going to try and spend more time on the back of the bikes. She has full leathers. I'm behind the times.

Then off to Napa!! Once we checked into our old-school Motel/Spa, Dr. Wilkinson's, we went to dinner at the CIA in St. Helena. SO tasty.

I started out with the roasted butternut squash soup. I told Lancer that I would spend a day in the kitchen if I could somehow re-create the delish soup at home. The waiter must have heard, and showed up with the recipe. It makes 3 gallons--so once I figure out how to make, oh, 4 cups, I will get busy.

Lance got the swordfish on a bed of lentils with bacon, and I got the steak with blue cheese sauce with fingerling potatoes. We shared the wilted spinach salad.

Lance got the apple marzipan tartine, and it made him make this face. I hope he steers clear of those down the line.

We love-love-love the CIA!

Napa is so beautiful! The fall colors were in full bloom all over. I love the small town charm.

After our mud baths, whirlpool, steam room, facial, and massage...we sadly packed up and headed back home. But not without a stop at Bouchon for lunch, and the Bouchon Bakery for baked goods to go. I love Thomas Keller.

Lancer got the apple/butternut squash soup with toasted hazelnuts, I got the french onion soup, and we shared the salad with warm goat cheese. All culinary perfection.

For entrees, I got the pan-seared trout, and Lancer got the roasted chicken.

Then we headed on home and relaxed. I really needed a weekend hanging out in Canadian peat moss and volvanic ash from the Napa Valley. I'm so glad Lancer intuitively knew this. He also intuitively knew I needed some cute Pumas, a new sweater dress, and tights to boot. What a smart gent.

4 comments:

brooke said...

I didn't recognize Tyler with his hair like that.

Lancer is such a good husband. I love a man who understands a woman's need for fine food, fine clothing and cute shoes.

I saw New Moon and I may be Team Jacob for now.

teuscher travels said...

Your party looks like so much fun - choosing the hair appointment instead of your party may have been a mistake.... And Napa looks divine!

Ashley said...

Heather chose pooooooorly.

Though I'm sure her hair looks gorgeous!

The only thing less than perfect about your party was your reaction when Tyler walked in. I was so hoping we would have the chance to tell an elaborate lie, but you had us at hello.

Tyler's hair is heinous in that picture. (Love ya Babe!)

Love the black sweater dress over the black shirt.

Christine Short said...

I love that you like the 3-wheel bikes! I posted something on my blog about wanting to get one when the kids are gone and I'm old. How happy would it make you to see an old lady on a 3-wheeled bike? It would make my day. My friends have all vowed an intervention. Bah! They can drive their Bonnevilles. I'll be lookin' fly!