Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Over The Moon

OMIGOSH!OMIGOSH!OMIGOSH!OMIGOSH!OMIGOSH!OMIGOSH!OMIGOSH!OMIGOSH!


I'm going to resist the urge to do a faux Mastercard commercial here. You know--"Soda and popcorn-$11. Edward Cullen shirt-$33. Gas to get from the South Bay to the North Bay--$14. Seeing New Moon 2 days before the masses--priceless." Oh wait--I just did. But seriously peeps--priceless.

Let's just start out by saying the New Moon is a grillion times better than Twilight--and that is saying something since this is not a Team Edward movie. AND--I have now become 3/4 Edward, 1/4 Jacob. I never saw the appeal of Jacob before b/c I was never the girl to fall for my "best guy friend." I always went for the more obvious guy who was bad for me. Methinks my dating life would have been a lot better with a little more Jacob in it. Oh, to go back in time.

Back to New Moon. I got to sport this awesome all access wristband.

And sit in a fancy Summit Entertainment "Reserved Section" seat with the press. By chance we sat next to some local celebrity DJ's, and I pretended not to know them. They asked how I got in, and I returned the favor. They said "Well, we have people--so how did you get in?" My answer: "I clearly have people--I'm sitting next to you." Big laughs, ice broken.


The one sitting closest to me wanted to hear all about this secret underworld of Twi-Hards. He had no idea how crazy we are. I wanted to invite him to my party on Friday and really scare him. He asked how Lancer felt about my 3/4 Edward/1/4 Jacob/Twilight/RPatz obsession and I told him that he thought it was a step above my outdated NKOTB obsession. So true.

We also got 4 posters, which I love, and will use for my party. See how it said the entrance was closed? That was only for the little people. Kidding. (**but not really**)

Yes, friends, New Moon is as exciting, amazing, and swoon-worthy as you think it is. I cannot wait to go on Friday.

On another note, I learned a valuable lesson about wearing a white shirt under my fancy new sweater dress. And that lesson is to wear a black shirt. So glad RPatz didn't see me like this. How embarrassing.

Oh Eddie--how I have missed thee. See you soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sigh.....oh, only one of the BEST NIGHTS EVER!!!

Thanks, Kaari! You ROCK!

Toria said...

hilarious as always. Can we still be friends if I admit that after reading the books (excluding #4) i was a Jacob fan all the way. Still am.
The movies are converting me to Edward where I'm about 1/4 to your 3/4. We'll see if New Moon makes me 50/50, which in the end is sort of lame, it's like I never really picked one.

I can't remember the beginnings of you and Lancer.
Was he an Edward or a Jacob?
Maybe you should tell us that story on your blog sometime :) Can't wait.

brooke said...

I only read the first book--I know--I can't really put myself in your category but I do prefer Edward over Jacob.

I'm insanely jealous of your insider status--not because you got to see the movie early, but because I always want to feel better or at least, more priveleged than other people.

I love your boots and the white shirt under the sweater.

Hayley said...

love the sweater. so glad you had a good time. did you listen to the radio this am? maybe you were mentioned as the craziest fan?

Ashley said...

I can tell you were giddy when you wrote this post because it read JUST like you speak. I love it.

So was Lancer a Jacob or and Edward? Nevermind, dumb question.