Saturday, March 21, 2009

For The Love of Twilight Moms All Over

My super-awesome Twi-hard friend Alyssa invited me to a Borders Twilight DVD Midnight Release Party. Um, yes, please. Though I'm afraid having Edward..er, Twilight on demand 24/7 may negatively impact my social life and career as it will become hard to leave the confines of my sofa. It's a risk I am willing to take.



In case you can't see my shirt, it's the Cullen clan crest. Which makes sense on all sorts of levels, being that I'm in their family, and married to Eddie, blah, blah, blah.


We were hanging in our little group chatting and watching all the tweens furiously texting their whereabouts when we hear the Borders lady saying something about moms. She kept calling on the moms to come up and participate in the trivia quiz, and we were looking around for this said group of old women desperately clinging to their youth by attending a Twilight Party. Pshhaw...losers. Then she actually pointed at me and called me out on the spot. Whhhaaatt? I'm the mom? We're the group of moms you're talking about? This, of course, led to our group dissolving into laughter, especially since we have no kiddios to speak of among us. We recovered enough to participate in the quiz.

I'm the hottest mom in the crowd!

You go Mom!!

Excited Mom

Winning Mom

Mom's love Twilight Too!!

Holding it down for Team Mom.


After the game, we headed downstairs to accost the Twilight display



This is classic--you crazy mom, you!

Then we headed over to the magazine section to accost the GQ starring our hottie vamp




Back upstairs to join the throngs of screaming girls waiting for the DVD. I had to swing by Borders earlier in the day to grab my wristband. This guaranteed I would be #44 in line to get the special deluxe Borders DVD with lots of extras. Score!

Borders also had a "random" drawing where members got to select their favorite moments, and then put their votes in a box. Borders then "mixed up" the entries and did the drawing. Our mom power must have ruled all..because almost all of us moms won. This angered the tweens. Oh well. They should get used to it...moms always have the final say you know. BECAUSE WE SAID SO, THAT'S WHY!!



The clock struck midnight...and we hopped in line!

Got em!

Of course, it seemed silly to buy the movie and then not watch it. So these crazy soccer moms mustered up the energy to grab In-N-Out and sneak back to my house to watch it.

Shhhhhh...


Finally the clock struck 4, and our coaches turned back to pumpkins. These crazy moms packed it up and called it a night. Ladies..that was hilarious fun. I expect to repeat these crazy shenanigans in about 8 months. It's all about New Moon, baby. We'll dust off our shirts, find a sitter for our "kids" and hit up the theatre Cullen style. Ah yeah.

6 comments:

Lance said...

I'm glad you have Twilight friends so you don't even have to ASK me if I want t go :)

Lindsey said...

First off, I love your header...HOT!
Second, I'm totally laughing at Lance's comment.
Third, hilarious.
Fourth, can I borrow it? :)

Life's a Dance said...

Yeah to the moms! Ah, this post totally cracked me up! Did you ever let the poor Borders lady know how mislead she was?!

The Mostess said...

Nah. We lied. A lot.

Kristine Gray said...

I don't even want to read the next book but I will if it means I can come party with you next time.

brooke said...

I watched the movie again tonight on my way home from Washington D.C. and I love it. The prom is my favorite. Yum. I think it is hilarious the Borders lady thought you were all moms. Nice.