Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dave Gahan Will **NOT** Be Reaching Out And Touching Me


Remember how excited I was for this business back in March?? March, people! It's August, and I have been waiting for Depeche Mode since March when I bought the tickets. And, oh, what tickets they were. Great seats snatched up with our Amex pre-sale status because I finally have money and can buy real seats. And how does DM re-pay me??

They.Freakin.Cancel.The.Freakin.Show.The.Night.Before.

UGH. I am so mad I feel like throwing myself on the ground and crying. I love this band--and you know how my allegiances run in that department. I have been going to their concerts since 1993, when I roadtripped up to Minnesota to see them. Nitzer Ebb opened, and it was awesome. This was followed by 5 or 6 more shows over the years, the last one for my 30th birthday.

Their music speaks to my soul--this is a phrase often used by the Warner girls. You know who you are. "But does the music really, you know, speak to your soul??" they will ask. The answer is yes. It does. It always has. It's dark, and strange, and sexy, and brilliant, and insightful. And I love it. DM 101 is the greatest live album of all time...Peter Frampton fans can jump off a cliff.

I guess I will have to find something else to be excited about this month. Maybe its National Brussel Sprouts Day or Adopt a Dumb Tree Day this month. One can only hope, since that's the only thing that will quell my deep anger and sadness.

BOO.

PS...It's totally canceled. As in refunds in the mail, not to be re-scheduled. It's a lost cause. Sigh.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Why? That is so lame. I am so excited for my Billy/Elton concert in November and I heard that Billy has canceled some shows. It makes me nervous. Anyway, I feel bad for you. Go watch 500 Days of Summer and feel better.

brooke said...

That is terrible. And yes, I believe that their music really does speak to your soul. I love Sugarland. I bought tickets that cost more than two months of preschool. They cancelled the night of because the singer lost her voice. So depressing. Did they give a reason for cancelling?

Michelle Peters said...

Just use the money on your cruise...it only helps your case, right?

Alie said...

that's sad. very sad. sad. sad. sad.

The Mostess said...

It's sooooo lame!!

Allegedly, Dave Gahan needs to "rest" his "strained" vocal chords. These guys are old and tired, so I sort of understand. They started in the early 80's. But it still sucks nonetheless.

Michelle--get on board, girl! The cruise is out...but Donnie alluded to a roadtrip for his birthday, so there's hope.

Alie--that was eloquent, truly eloquent.

Kristine Gray said...

That bites.

We know a couple that rescheduled their honeymoon just so they could go to that concert.