Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Things I am Excited About

At Zao Noodle tonight, I was telling Lancer that I love having a list of things I look forward to. This keeps my life exciting. People always say things like "you're always having so much fun!" Life can be a non-stop party, but only if you really work at it. Here is my current fun list, big and small.

Getting a smartphone, cuz my current phone is a dummy.

Deciding on costumes for our Halloween party
Side note--not sure I can top this get-up from when I was dating Lancer. He proposed a few months later. Coincidence? I think not. PS...I had about 10 additional inches sewn on the bottom and it still worked its magic. The original dress was MAJOR Skanky-town.

Cinnamon Candles


Tights and leggings:

A Sugar Ray concert in SF next month. A truly fun and entertaining live band. I've seen them 5 or 6 times.


New Moon. Oh, RPatz. I've missed you. I'm totally throwing a New Moon pre-party--it's going to be killah.

These totally cute items from PBK. I've tricked myself into thinking I can make them for cheap. That canopy can't be that hard, right?


My 5th annual cookie exchange. Competition is fierce. People are already dreaming up their entry.

Cider

Chuck Bass (shamefully)

Back to school. Sculpting the minds of the future, one vowel at a time.
Hay bales!!
Hot boots. I want these Loubies. Yeah, right. Maybe I should pull this trick again?


Cocoa. Much more exciting than cider.

Gourds! For eating and decorating. Especially those mini pumpkins.

Fall produce. Crisp apples, juicy pears, hearty pumpkins, tasty squash.

Stews, soups, and chili.


There you have it. The things I daydream about on walks and as I fall asleep at night. I love fall.

10 comments:

Hayley said...

1- i need a new phone. you saw my blank screen of death
2-i'm ordering the wig today in preparation of october festivities...but it's a hot item this season, it hasn't even gone on sale yet!
3-mark mcgrath, now THAT'S a crush worth having
4-heather bought the pbk advent & it's about 50 feet tall. make sure you have a place to hang it b4 the big purchase :) right, h?
5-we're not even discussing the cookie exchange. you know my thoughts.
6- cider...eh...not a personal fave
7- who is chuck bass? part of smith morrisey? KIDDING
8-i'll substitute my cocoa for SB's steamed caramel milk. CAN'T WAIT!
9-speaking of fall goodness: send over that squash brown sugar recipe.

brooke said...

I loooove fall so much. I love Sugar Ray and would kill to see them in concert.

No wonder Lancer proposed after he saw you in that get-up!

Yes to RPatz, yes to tights, YES to PBK's Halloween canopy, yes to cute boots, yes to gourds and cinnamon candles.

No to Hay bales..not my thing. People usually put ugly scarecrows wtih them.

Ashley said...

I usually would be so with you on this but for the first time in my life I wish fall would hold off for awhile. Weird.

I love that you put two exclamation points after hay bales. Hay bales!!

I have the PBK halloween countdown calendar--not that one you pictured but the previous model. I love it. I also thought for 5 minutes that I could make it myself til I realized that was a bad idea all around.

Andrea T. said...

I've got that phone! It's quite lovely, and since it's not the latest and greatest, it was dirt cheap from Verizon. Plus, they'll unlock it for free, so when you're running around Europe, you can throw in a prepaid SIM and there you go.

Lindsey said...

my iphone made my life exciting for a LONG time. Actually, i still get excited to play with it during stop lights :)

i'm totally planning costumes and treats already. Can't wait.

ps. i have your pear. ;)

Kristine Gray said...

No wonder Lance couldn't resist you in that costume. What a hotty!

Smith Family said...

Looks like your busy! I too am way excited for New Moon. I feel like a little kid talking to people about it!

Stephanie said...

Yes, seriously, those advent calenders are out of control cute, but they are really a rip off. I made mine for under $10. It's not as cute, but it does the job.

I went to Sugar Ray a few years ago and I high-fived Mark McGrath. It was pretty magical.

I have to look forward to things too to keep my life somewhat exciting. I can't wait for New Moon either. The trailers look awesome.

Heather said...

If you still have that Halloween costume, I would like to test it to see if the magic works for a single gal.

@jenhalloran said...

Read this post a couple days ago and it completely inspired me to start my own list. Thanks for the reminder that the things we look forward to don't have to be huge (e.g., a trip to Europe), just things that bring us joy.

Love these glimpses into your life. Hope I get to meet you in person some day!