Friday, August 28, 2009

DJ AM


One of the best dj's, DJ AM, just died of an apparent drug overdose. Such a waste. I've seen him spin in Vegas twice--once at the Pussycat Doll Lounge with Lancer, and recently at Rain (**personal picture above**) when we were in Vegas for Jo-Jo's pre-wedding party and girl's weekend.

I was at the Doctor's recently, and a Michael Jackson song came on. I told the nurse at the desk how sad it was about him dying, and she crisply said "yes, well, he was a drug addict--and all drug addicts die early and in a tragic way. I see it all the time." Sad, but true.

I'm so sad to see yet another talented individual die from addiction. He was so talented, and seemed like a truly nice and down to earth guy. The music world has definitely lost a bright star.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm always surprised when famous people die...and then I wonder why they don't realize how bad drugs are when they are losing all their friends. Sad.

On a more frivolous note...of course I do set-ups. You don't think I inflict all this damage all by myself do you?

Fanto Bang said...

It's a sad, sad day.

Ashley said...

Sad. The older I get the less I envy celebrities.