Friday, August 28, 2009

SF & Braggery

We've spent a lot of time in the city in the last few weeks. Every time we go up we always chastise ourselves for not going up more. Here's what we have been up to:

Our lovely friend Amy looked up a bunch of Chez Panisse recipes, and created this tasty gourmet dinner for our friends using local food from the farmer's market. It was as delicious as it looks--especially the chicken. Lancer said it best--"that chicken was so moist and juicy, it was like turkey." Well said my love. We feasted on lemon stuffed chicken, summer corn soup with garlic butter, and a summer salad with tomatoes.

Not to be outdone by the dessert of hot stone fruit, vanilla bean ice-cream, and homemade caramel. I was inspired--I am going to try and do a gourmet meal once a month. I just bought the latest issue of Gourmet for inspiration. I love me some good food.

Back to the burbs, where Dobbie ate the face off his favorite stuffed piggy. No, really.

Back up for dinner and dancing with the ladies. Our friend Mal looked up some good GF places to chow, and we settled for Zadin. IT WAS AMAZING. The chef has a bunch of celiac friends, and learned how to cook Vietnamese food without wheat. Most of the menu is GF, including calamari, onion rings, shaking beef, and a cucumber salad. I FINALLY GOT TO EAT ONION RINGS AFTER 5 YEARS!! Most of you take this for granted. I do not.


Back up to SF. Lancer and I needed t blow some hotel points before they expired, so we hit up the W. It's a fun and funky little boutique hotel near Union Square.


The view from our room


Chillin by the window

Oh, right. This thing. I wrote an incredibly rude letter to the occupants of room #1810 and left it by their door. It may have mentioned the word skanky and suggested that if they are either too drunk or stupid to remember who has the room key, they should designate one person to have the key at all times. This way, they won't have to wake the whole floor at 3 am while trying to get into their room.

Stopped in at Taylor's again. I got the same thing I always get--pulled pork sandwich, sweet potato fries, and a choco shake. Heavenly.

Hung out in the Ferry Building, checking out the local goods


Some great shots of the city, courtesy of Lancer and his mad photography skills. More on this in a second.




When we got home, Lancer got an email from a company asking if they could use his photo of the Westin in Frankfurt, Germany. He had posted it on Flickr, and someone from the company found it. He said sure, and now you can find his work here. The best part is that I am in the photo--if you enlarge it, you will see me, passed out in a pool chair, jetlagged beyond belief. I don't know why my face looks like bright red tomato, though. We're famous again--not since our fake wedding (that's us on the right) have I been viewed so many times by random people. I kind of like it.

4 comments:

brooke said...

Okay, first I love that you wrote a letter to the skanks in the next room. That is ballsy.

Second, I love your hair curly.

Third, I love that you are passed out on a lounge chair in the Westin's advertisment photo.

Fourth, I want the backstory on how you and Lance had a fake wedding picture. I love it by the way. You two look great.

Ashley said...

I also want to know how you ended up in a fake wedding picture.

I have never left a chastising note for a hotel neighbor. That was a bold move!

You lead a good life. That chocolate shake/fries/pork sandwich looked divine.

Ashley said...

Oh yeah I love that Dobie ate the face off his piggie!

Lance said...

We need to go back to get some more award-winning shots!