Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Right Stuff


So...I was watching VH1 last night and I saw the greatest thing ever. Apparently, the man upstairs heard my fervent request to meet NKOTB, and he helped VH1 craft a contest for me to do it. You send in your pictures of your NKOTB craziness--old or new--and then write a 50 word essay on the craziest thing you ever did as a fan.

I can't tell you everything about my essay, but you better believe it had to do with the 1-900 NKOTB chat line, the desperate hope that Donnie would be on the other end of the line, a $300 phone bill, and a summer's worth of babysitting/grounding because of said bill. If I get to meet them, it will certainly help me feel better about the wasted summer. And, rudely, Donnie never answered the phone, so I really need to chat with him about that...in person.


I am pulling out the remnants of my NKOTB altar, and making Lance take pictures of me today with my old posters once I get hot. I will let you know how I fare contest-wise.

Also--by a stroke of bad luck for Heather Dearest, I have an extra ticket for the concert on the 10th in San Jose. Killer seats, $70 for the ticket. Any takers? To qualify, please answer the following:

1. Which New Kid you liked in your youth.
2. When/how you found out Donnie was the only one worth loving.
3. What vintage memorabilia will you be bringing to the concert--posters, pictures, Teen Beat, buttons, etc.
4. What crazy antics you will do with me so we get pulled onstage for a spotlight dedication of "I'll be Loving You Forever?"

Thanks for applying, best of luck to each of you. Hayley...you should TOTALLY apply.

3 comments:

Jen Mo said...

dude -- i'm going to be back in cali in two weeks. let's hit the town, nkotb style!

Hayley said...

kaari, kaari, kaari...i'm not sure what to be more afraid of: you kissing a man with a hair-do like that, or the fact that you STILL HAVE ALL THAT MEMORABILIA!!! i hope you and some other fortunate guest party like rock-stars on the eve of the 10th.

Unknown said...

You are KILLING me with the New Kid memorabilia! You still have it?? THat's awesome.