Monday, September 8, 2008

Music To My Ears


On our many summer roadtrips, Lancer and I would chat about our favorite all-time albums. We overlapped a few times, and were on opposite ends of the musical spectrum at other times. In general, we like the same music, though I like more crappy pop songs, and he likes techno a tad more than me.

If I had to name my top 10 favorite albums of all time, I gander they would be the following:


1. Depeche Mode--Violator

2. NIN-Pretty Hate Machine

3. Red Hot Chili Peppers--Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic

4. Paul Oakenfold-Bunkka

5. Beastie Boys--Licensed to Ill...everyone says "Paul's Boutique' to be cool...but LTI is likely their real fave

6. Michael Jackson--Thriller

7. Sugar Ray--Floored

8. Joshua Tree--U2

9. Prince--Purple Rain

10. Green Day--American Idiot

What, pray tell, are some of your favorite albums? You know, the 10 albums you could and would listen to over and over on a stranded island?

8 comments:

louisgray said...

Ooohhhh.. Violator has to be right up there for me as well. It was the first (and best?) CD I ever had.

10 (no order)

* Daft Punk / Alive 2007
* Underworld / Dubnobasswithmyheadman
* DJ Tiesto / Just Be
* Armin Van Buuren / Shivers
* Blonde Redhead / 23
* Information Society / Information Society
* Paul Van Dyk / Out There and Back
* Depeche Mode / Violator
* Paul Oakenfold / Resident
* New Order / Best Of (does that count?)

GS said...

1.Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
2.Jeff Buckley - Grace
3.Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
4.Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
5.The Replacements - Let it Be
6.Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
7.Radiohead - OK Computer
8.Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
9.D'angelo - Voodoo
10.Elliott Smith - Either/Or


And I know I'm not cool even though I wrote Paul's Boutique...

Ashley said...

I'm with you on MJ and U2 (so cliche, right?) My top two would be Elton John and Billy Joel. Then I go country, so we should probably stop there. Maybe I went too far already.

The Mostess said...

Um...Sugar Ray is on my list. Feel free to list your lame albums, country included.

Anonymous said...

Pixies - Surfer Rosa, Janes Addiction - Nothing Shocking, Pixies - Doolittle, The Smiths - Meat is Murder, Bad Brains - Bad Brains, Tool - Opiate, REM - Lifes Rich Pageant, Nirvana - Nevermind, Grandaddy - The Sophtware Slump, The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin

Lance said...

http://services-us.sp.f-secure.com/distribution/fspcp/F-Secure_PC_Protection_Plus_EVAL_8.00-181a.exe

clooneymom said...

As I am a huge fan of movie soundtracks and greatest hit compilations it was hard to pick out my favorite albums and not just my favorite songs so this was tough. I can't put these in specific order but my Top 10 are as follows:

Crowded House / Crowded House
U2 / Rattle and Hum
U2 / Achtung Baby
Violent Femmes / Violent Femmes
Billy Joel / An Innocent Man
Prince / Around The World in a Day
Prince / Purple Rain
Shaking Family / Dreaming in Detail
Madonna / Ray of Light
And I know.....shoot me now...New Kids on the Block / Hangin' Tough

At least there wasn't one Britney Spears album on here! :-)

Angela said...

I love and still love Depeche Mode, U2 and Sugar Ray! I am now stuck listening to all of the disney channel hits like Jonas Brothers etc.