Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Falling Into Fall



In my mind, it's time to bid adieu to summer. We camped with her, hit the beach with her, shopped with her, roadtripped with her, cruised with her, drank frozen drinks with her, and dined al fresco with her.


But it's falls turn to take over. I want crispy breezes, crunchy leaves, spicy cider, warm sweaters, red highlights, pumpkin displays, sexy boots, and hot soups and stews straight outta the ol' crockpot. I want to change my wreath from crunchy apple green to my orange and brown one. I want to start contemplating my Halloween costume, and dream up the buffet spread for my spooky party. The party is an Oingo-Boingo inspired theme, BTW.


I got in the fall mood today by lighting my cinnamon candle. I am also feeling "back-to-schooly." I got a new purse, and like my backpacking days of yesteryear, I want it to be impeccably organized with clean, new items. I furiously cleaned, scrubbed and purged the house all day. I am hitting Coinstar and Goodwill this week, and I'm listing valuable castoffs on Ebay. I'm also pulling my cute sweaters out of hiding. Goodbye summer...we had a good run. See you next year!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wish i was a organized as you