Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day--Point Reyes

We kicked off the day with a good ol' fashioned pancake breakfast @ church this morning. I took some of my tasty Trader Joes gluten-free pancakes along, and feasted, along with 800 others, on eggs, sausage, fruit and hashbrowns.

To take advantage of Labor Day, Husbie and I decided to check out Point Reyes, a quaint little town north of SF. The last time we were there together we were just dating, and I took pictures with a camera containing film--ancient history!!


Along the way, we found a cool little antique shop, and we fell in love with a weird little outdoor stove. We asked how much it was, and the shop owner told us it was allegedly on hold for some dude named Horatio. However--she told us that if Horatio didn't come back during the day, she would let us buy it on our way home. He didn't--we got it-score!!

We scoped out the Point Reyes Lighthouse, and hiked down and then back up the 30-story stairwell. This reminded me that I NEVER, EVER WANT TO HIKE HALF-DOME. EVER. EVER-EVER. EVER-EVER-EVER.

Down the stairs...

Back up the stairs....

Cool tree:
Look at that view:

View from the inside:




After this little heart-attack-hill, we cruised over to the downtown area for some shopping and grub:




On the way home, we stopped off @ Baker Beach for a few shots of the bridge:



Cheers to another day in the Bay Area!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Are you taking all these fun adventures in your Winnebago?

Lance said...

I'm glad you gave your cold the ol' 1-2 so we could head out on another excursion!

The Mostess said...

Me, too. Thanks Day-Quil!

No, no ugly Winnie yet..husbie is dragging his heels on that one. :)

stacycaye said...

Hey, I just got a summer cold too! :( I continue to be amazed at your trips...and your ability to document said trips!

Life's a Dance said...

Holy stairs of death! But I do love that you and your hubby just up and take so many adventures - that is Fantastic!