Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ghetto Green


Pulling up in my driveway this evening, my neighbor asked me a question: is it ghetto to pull your truck up on your lawn and wash it if you're doing it to be "green" and using the run-off to water your lawn?? Note: he was actually doing this while we're talking. My answer: "Yes, it's ghetto. But it's also green." We decided that it was ghetto green.

People in Kentucky know all about ghetto green. They have been chopping old bathtubs in half and sticking a plastic Mary (of the Jesus, Joseph and Mary story) inside on their lawn for decades. These little gems are known as "Bathtub Mary's." Backwoods folk may be the original recyclers. In case you thought I was joking...


Three cheers to being kinda trashy whilst saving the world. Ghetto Green is the new black.

2 comments:

stacycaye said...

i love it! I'm washing my car and watering my lawn this weekend! HA!

Hayley said...

bathtub mary is the nastiest thing i've seen in a long time. and tat asked me the exact same question. regardless of my answer, the car was washed on the lawn.